Thread: 24-70 or 17-55?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 24-70 or 17-55?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

PS

Original statement made because I don't know any pros who have any EF-S. Even those with crop cameras.

Disclaimer: I don't know all pros. Therefore some pros may actually have this lens.

PSS

I hear that it is a really great lens, so you make up your own mind and don't ask opinions anymore.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Kieth, perhaps you read my post with malice, but that was not my intent. As for not knowing any pro's that use crop bodies--I guess I'd be one of the many you don't since I own a pair of 40D's and a 1DIII (if you count that as a crop). I am also aware of dozens of other photogs who use crop bodies in their line of work (seven of which work with me). As for owning the 17-55 I do not, although if I wasn't convinced that there was a 24-70II on the way I would. Instead I own a Tamron 17-50--for what it's used for did not call for IS or the AF speed the 17-55 offers (Studio portraiture).

Nah, I felt you were giving me hard time so I thought I'd give it back. No hard feelings.

I know lots of pros with crops.I myself have a 40D that I love. Ijust don't know any with EF-S. My point is, that doesn't mean the lens isn't pro worthy.

I personally wouldn't buy a lens that would only work on a crop. I only buy EF so I can use it on my 5D2 also. I always knew I'd get a FF so I didn't want any when the 40D was my only body.

Just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Nah, I felt you were giving me hard time so I thought I'd give it back. No hard feelings.

I know lots of pros with crops.I myself have a 40D that I love. Ijust don't know any with EF-S. My point is, that doesn't mean the lens isn't pro worthy.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Ah, I see. Initially I thought you meant you didnt know any pro's who use crop bodies in general. The internet is a crude method of interaction and more often than not things get misconstrued in it's impersonalness.

*group hug*