Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using/heard of Phottix PT-04 II Wireless Flash Trigger

Anyone using/heard of Phottix PT-04 II Wireless Flash Trigger

I've got my feet wet on the strobist territory by acquiring myself a 580EX II recently. As I invested more on the 580EX II, I would like to get started on off-camera flash and will be in very tight budget. Therefore, I am considering to get these Phottix PT-04 II wireless flash triggers. Aside from not being able to support TTL, is there anyone using it or even heard of these wireless radio flash triggers? I don't think at the moment the TTL support is important as I want the manual FEC as part of the learning curve.

Any input (positive and negative) will be very much helpful.

Thank you everyone.

- Angelo
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Re: Anyone using/heard of Phottix PT-04 II Wireless Flash Trigger

For those on a budget, I suggest the RF-602 units on ebay. I've heard really good things about them, and to be honest, I can't remember a negative word I've heard about them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenBug
    is there anyone using it or even heard of these wireless radio flash triggers?
    Nope never heard of em [:P] I use the Cactus V4 set which hasn't let me down yet and only costs 40 euros for a transmitter and a receiver.

Jan

+1 on the Yongnuo RF-602's. I have 6 receivers and 2 transmitters and they all work flawlessly.

I did a bit of a writeup on them here if you're interested. http://community.the-digital-picture.com/forums/p/3441/28670.aspx#28670
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Cool! I'll look into thisYongnuo RF-602's. Thank you everyone for the replies.
    Cheers!
    --

I use the Alienbees Cybersync triggers. They are priced right and very reliable.

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the input on the topic.

Just yesterday, I got my Phottix PT-04 II Wireless Flash Trigger set. Got it at US$ 40.00 that includes a transmitter (w/ battery), two (2) receivers (w/ two set of AAA batteries, 2 for each receiver) which I think was great and a way to start of with this strobism.

Tried to use it and test it at the same last night when I was doing a "going back into water drops experiment".

For a beginner and a couple of shots, I find it to be working well but I haven't tested yet the range of this set. I found it easy to setup and if I may say found it not misfiring through the whole shoot of the water drops.

Here's a sample of one of the most out of the ordinary water drops I was able to capture:

1000D + EF 50mm f/1.8 @ 50mm, f/8, 1/200 sec, ISO 100, Flash at 1/16 power @ 50mm (bare)

Flash was propped up back of camera about 8 feet high and aimed at the background.
    Cheers!
    --

Looking good! Now, for your next trick, you should have a can nailed to a board (with contact paper decorating the board). You'll hold the rig upside down so that the reflection is right-side up!

Thanks Sean. I will try your suggestion one of these days. The background I used is a cooler pack that I have turned over so the design would be right-side up. But I guess due to some limitation, the reflection isn't still recognizable enough. Also the reflection look awkward due to the fact that the table was on top. I should have shot the other way around. Well, it's one way to learn.. []
    Cheers!
    --

Cool shot Angelo [Y]