Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shutter Release Options for 7D

Re: Shutter Release Options for 7D

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonTRD

Did you consider the<span class="desc"] [url="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/164271-REG/Canon_2477A002_Timer_Remote_Controller_TC_80N3.htm l]TC-80N3[/url]? I have it and love it. It allows for amazing flexibility and has a multitude of uses. It costs more, but is well worth it, IMO.

Braden
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I finally got a chance to look at this and I want to thank you for bringing it to my attention. After debating between the RS-80N3 and the TC-80N3, I've decided to get the one you recommended. I might as well save myself the $50 and a step in the process and go straight for what I will eventually want in the end. Thanks again! []

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

I like Braden's recommendation of the TC-80N3 - I'd like to shoot some time-lapses down the line, and it also offers the same basic functionality as the RS-80N3. Personally, I wouldn't have spent $40-45 on the CanonRS-80N3 - if I hadn't run across one on Craigslist for $5, I'd have just kept on using the RC-1 with 2-sec mirror lockup, and put the $45 towards a TC-80N3 if I wanted a wired remote.

--John

Since I don't have as terrific a craigslist in my area, I am going to going to go straight for the TC-80N3. The RS-80N3 meets my needs at the moment but down the line, I think I willwant the added features of the other. It's a mind game...I feel like I just saved myself $50 instead of spending an extra $95! [:P]

Denise

Today I received my new Satechi TR-A! Pretty fast shipping since I only ordered it 3 days ago. I haven't gotten to use it very much yet other than as a simple shutter release but when I went to use my Canon RC-1 the other day and it didn't work (after only a few uses), I couldn't see spending over $100 on the Canon TC-80N3.

The Satechi TR-A one is suppose to do everything the Canon TC-80N3 does but for alot less $$. The build quality of the Satechi seems good (it doesn't feel cheap) I like the size of it and the connector to my 7D feels secure so I know it won't slip off easily. the instructions seem pretty staight forward so learning all it's multi-functions should be pretty simple. I also like that it now has an on/off switch and that it takes AAA batteries.

Well, so far I'm pleased with what I see but time will tell!

Thanks for all of your suggestions and if it wasn't for Braden suggesting the Canon TC-80N3, I never would have come across this one!

Denise