Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon 135L

Re: Canon 135L

Okay, first off let me say that I am "in love" with the 135mm f/2 L. That is a HELLA-NICE lens. I've rented it on several occassions and the shots I get with it are SICK! In that good way! I own a 7D and 50D for cameras. The EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro is another great lens. For portraits I find them almost the same, though the 100mm is a tad easier to frame up (especially on cropped bodies) and the 135 is slightly sharper/better IQ, but really they both are great in all those areas. The 135 f/2 is better for ANY indoor work compared to the Macro, but the Macro isn't "macro" it's MACRO. True 1:1 stuff going on there, and amazing IS and a nice lens hood. Lightweight too! Newest technology since it just came out. My ONLY wait to get the 135 f/2 (i don't own either, only rented them) is that it's a fairly old lens now I think, and I thought maybe they'd come out with a new one soon. Doesn't really need IS though. I'd say if you've got a FF and a cropped body, you should go with the 135 f/2. I really think that will do you the best! Really though, you can't "lose" with either pick!

picture was taken with my 50D and 135 f/2 I rented. Not the best example, but an example nonetheless

www.freshphotohawaii.com

Oh, and one more thing... the 85mm f/1.2 is a AWESOME. Yes I've heard some weird things about it... but really... I have had nothing but great experiences with it. Below is a photo taken on my 7D with the 85mm f/1.2 @ f/2.2 1/3200sec ISO 250. Other than overall exposure edits via Lightroom 2, this photo is right off the camera. That bokeh is NICE and it's at 2.2 (so I could get her whole body in focus). Just imagine at 1.2

Might be something to consider.... I DROOL for that lens!

That's my girlfriend by the way

www.freshphotohawaii.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    That's my girlfriend by the way

Show off! [:P] Haha and I don't blame you [][Y]

I had the same headache as you have with the choice of 135L and 100L and I posted a lot of themes about it and have got a huge punch of replies. But.... One thing that forced me to choose 135L - I went to the camera shop and tried both of lenses with my 5DII body..... and with my son as the object of portraiture So after that I was 100% sure what lens will suite me better. So I recommend your to do the same.... your opinion about these two glasses may be different.... taste is different.... bodies are different....

Quote Originally Posted by Siambars

I had the same headache as you have with the choice of 135L and 100L and I posted a lot of themes about it and have got a huge punch of replies. But.... One thing that forced me to choose 135L - I went to the camera shop and tried both of lenses with my 5DII body..... and with my son as the object of portraiture So after that I was 100% sure what lens will suite me better. So I recommend your to do the same.... your opinion about these two glasses may be different.... taste is different.... bodies are different....
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thats a great idea--But two problems I have. One, Albuquerque is a "nikon" town-so I have been told. So there are no real Canon dealers here which is why B&amp;H or Adorama Gets my business. Also, I have already purchased the 100L and am thrilled with it--But the 135 is still on my short list.

But that was good advice, sorry I couldn't have given it a try.

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob