Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C&C Please

Re: C&C Please

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    I love when a photo is B&W but one object in the photo has color but I can't remember which of my other programs has that capability.
    You can do that with Elements. You'll need to create a new "layer" to do so. If you EVER have a question about how to post-process something, take it to YouTube. There is a video for almost everything!

I did a quick edit using Microsoft Photo Editor. If you'venever heard of it, it's about 1rung up from "Paint" on the picture editing ladder! Anyway, the bridge was off by about 3 degrees.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.13/Denise.jpg[/img]

Mark, if I may be honbest, I think your edit looks kind of "hard". The original photo is just a little more peaceful, dreamy and flattering, but also a little bit too dreamy [:P]

Personally I would think that somewhere in between would be the best. What do you think?

Of course I must take in consideration that you edited a non-original file, but do you know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    Mark, if I may be honbest
    I hear you. I mainly wanted to show Denise how quickly and easily you could fix her bridge problem with even the simplest of tools. I figured while I was at it I'd crop out the boarder that I didn't like and add a little contrast :-) I actually believe that this picture would probably look better in color. Let's see what Denise comes up with when she re-processes her file.

I like the shot. While I'm partial to color I think a middle ground fromDenise'sand Mark's would be dead on. Of coarse my monitor hasn't be calibrated (it'son my to do list) so, I'm not positive.
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson
    Let's see what Denise comes up with when she re-processes her file.

Well, here's the photo in color, the bridge is no longer crooked but I do not have much distancefrom bottom edge to their feet...
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_2195.JPG[/img]

Here's a quick revised version of it in sepia, hopefully there is some difference (for the better?)...
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_2195sepia.jpg[/img]

Here's another I was working on ...
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_2193a.JPG[/img]

I just can't seem to get what I'm going for! [8o|] Well, maybe when I have more time to post-process, I'll learn how to post-process! Mark, I do like what you did to it and am envious at how quickly you improved it!

Thanks so much to everyone for helping me out with suggestions!
    Denise

P.S. I'm telling my daughter to NEVER wear that sweatshirt again for photos ...I'm having quite a hard time with it. It's as challenging as when I take a photo of my black dog next to my white dog! I'm going to be a beginner forever!

I'll let the smarter people (photography-wise) C&C this one, but Denise, I really like the composition in this photo. Looks better in B&W or sepia, though.

Denise,

I like the perspective on the second one. The little slope they're walking on adds a little something, and the not straight at the bridge angle works better, IMHO.

I hope you don't mind, but I took a shot at modifying your color shot. First I applied a slight curve with just a single point, then I desaturated about half way. I've included the tone curve to show how simple it is.

On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston

I hope you don't mind, but I took a shot at modifying your color shot. First I applied a slight curve with just a single point, then I desaturated about half way. I've included the tone curve to show how simple it is.

Hi David,

Heck, I don't mind at all! I love what you did to the photos, especially the color one all the down to her dolls leg and shoe having more color! They both look really nice!

I am happy that everyone didn't think the composition was strange ...shooting from the back like this.

Back when I only had a point and shoot (a year ago [:P]), I collected just about every inexpensive photo editing program out there. I need tofocus on learning & usingjust DPP & Elements!I downloaded Lightroom the other day ...but am totally clueless on what to do with it!

Thanks so much for taking out the time to work on my photo!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Elberson
    Let's see what Denise comes up with when she re-processes her file.

Well, here's the photo in color, the bridge is no longer crooked but I do not have much distancefrom bottom edge to their feet...
    [img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.37.26/IMG_5F00_2195.JPG[/img]

This one is my favorite. I really like it. I'm sure your daughter would love to hang this on her wall or have it adorn his desk at work :-) There is SO much green here and I often don't like the way it converts to Black & White. Black & White conversion is an art in itself though. In Elements you could play with each color channel and see what effect that would give you. Many software programs just de-saturate to achieve Black & White and that rarely achieves optimal results.