Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 85 1.2 L II First Impressions

Re: 85 1.2 L II First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Yeah, it's dangerous. That's why fund my gear purchases with cash. I wasn't kidding about the $100s - when it starts getting uncomfortable to sit down due to the thickness of my wallet, I know it's time to get more gear. [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    <p style="CLEAR: both"]
    <p style="CLEAR: both"]Such a wonderful problem to have... :-)

I love the no interest. It's kind of like trying something out while you're making money with it. If it turns out I don't like it, I'll sell before the 2 years is up, pay it off and consider it a cheap 2 year rental. If I love it and keep it then I'll dip into wallet of $100. I'm 90% sure I'm going to unload my 70-200 though and that will cover a lot of it.

Congratulations on your recent purchase of the EF 85mm f/1.2 L II USM, Keith!

Now, $1,900 is just chump change compares to someone here who shelled out $6500 for the 500 f/4L IS a while back [][][:P][&lt;)] LOL

Thanks Nate!

I hear you! A lot of the work I have been called for in the last few months has been right up the 85L's alley, so I feel pretty good about the purchase.

I was kicking around the idea of the 500 or the 600 a few months ago when I thought I had a chance at getting a paying gig shooting surfing. I opted for a 7D and cropping instead. I'm glad I did because the surf thing isn't taking off.

canon should cut you a check...i think you just sold a bunch of these lenses for them! great photos. erno

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Thanks!

Ah, the benefits of being single and stupid. No open to hit me with stuff when I make insane purchases. I just couldn't pass up the rebate and the no interest no payments for 2 years.

I was reading, distantly interested, until the last line. Where the heck did you find that deal?

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Thanks!

Ah, the benefits of being single and stupid. No open to hit me with stuff when I make insane purchases. I just couldn't pass up the rebate and the no interest no payments for 2 years.

I was reading, distantly interested, until the last line. Where the heck did you find that deal?

Amazon.com. I have their store card and camera gear is no interest no payments for 24 months.

I just checked looks like it has been knocked down to 12 months. Last week it was 24 though.