Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Band Promos??? Help asap

Re: Band Promos??? Help asap

Quote Originally Posted by peety3
    Not to be nit-picky, but three shots doesn't necessarily take a full second. The first shot happens (almost) instantly, though on a Rebel we're talking ~175ms. Successive shots happen every 333ms

Thanks for the correction! ~160 ms might not make a difference, but then again, it might!

Quote Originally Posted by peety3
    However, the OP's been talking a lot about using flash

HDR with flash? Hmmmmm...

thanks guys really helps ! any ideas about just using natural light ? perhaps a reflector for shots on the beach?

How many band members are there? Personally, I like to light up the faces of all the subjects in my photos. However, the more subjects you have, the harder it is to use reflectors to accomplish the lit-face look on everyone.

theres 4 guys in the band. Should i tell them to bring instruments to pose with? they are an acoustic pop band like Dashboaard Confessional type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mpphoto12

theres 4 guys in the band. Should i tell them to bring instruments to pose with? they are an acoustic pop band like Dashboaard Confessional type stuff.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Depends on what they want for their shots. Some bands identify with their instruments...others just want to pose with their hands folded across their chests. If they brought the instruments, you could always do some setups with and without instruments.

yeah im doing both for sure to make sure i get anything they think of. Also, it is for their Myspace website so some waist up shots are needed of each member for their bio page..