Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Street Shooting Awkwardness...

Re: Street Shooting Awkwardness...

Quote Originally Posted by elz

Last but not the least, use the widest angle lens you have, point your camera to so you can see the point of interest but the camera is not aiming at whatyou really wanna photograpy. It dosent give the best picture you can have as, as everybody know, the border of the lens is not where you get the best iq (yet my efs 10-22 rarelly deceive me on that concern).

This is MO. With my 16-35 (on full frame) I can get my subject in the thirds hot spot with out them even realizing they are in the shot. I prefer to do my street shooting with 35 1.4 but 35mm isn't wide enough to be deceptive all the time.

Wow, we sure do go our lengths to get those photographs. Kind of makes me wonder...why do so many people dislike having their photos taken? Often times I think people have the misconception that photographers will just about publish/distribute any photos that they take. Often times I have at least a triplicate of every angle and spend hours afterwards going through choosing the best ones. Wished people had a little bit more trust in photographers so we don't have to reassure everyone in the room every single time that you promise only to choose the best ones [:^)]

Last but not the least, use the widest angle lens you have, point your camera to so you can see the point of interest but the camera is not aiming at whatyou really wanna photograpy.

I think I'll try the 17-50mm Tamron next time []

Quote Originally Posted by TakahiroW4047

Wow, we sure do go our lengths to get those photographs. Kind of makes me wonder...why do so many people dislike having their photos taken? Often times I think people have the misconception that photographers will just about publish/distribute any photos that they take. Often times I have at least a triplicate of every angle and spend hours afterwards going through choosing the best ones. Wished people had a little bit more trust in photographers so we don't have to reassure everyone in the room every single time that you promise only to choose the best ones [img]/emoticons/emotion-18.gif[/img]

I find most of the time, if a woman asks and you tell them the shot they are in is going to be published they are happier than just thinking you are some creep. Men are usually a different story.

All I can say is : ask the question to yourself.

" You are out in public doing your stuff and suddently you notice someone 300 feet away taking a telephoto picture of you "

All I can say is : ask the question to yourself.

" You are out in public doing your stuff and suddently you notice someone 300 feet away taking a telephoto picture of you "

I would swing around my EF500mm f/4L and wave back ([:P] if I had one)

I'm of course biased because I would be that street photographer (although not quite so far away). I actually had a man come up to me interested in what I was shooting with and asked whom I was shooting for. I realized at that point, it probably would have made a world of difference to say that I was shooting for say a university paper. Instead I told him the truth and said I was practicing street photography and I was there mostly for learning the technique than the actual photos and he seemed alright with that. I feel people are a bit more comfortable with photography as long as they know where it's going. []

Two thing I got : a notepad and a crayon on my kit lunchbox to note email and a false macaroon saying "G.A.D. Professional Photograpy Co.".. I made the macaroon after I had some problem shooting in a bar with a drunk dude. Of course G.A.D. mean nothing but "Go Away Dumbass". But when I wear it, people feel more confident that I take picture of them

Haha. The fake company is a good method.

I've always liked the "Just carry as much stuff around your neck as possible" approach (only do this if your city has a NOT high crime rate [] ). When I borrow my dads 50D to go along with my camera I just keep them both around my neck with their respective lenses. I find that people don't seem to mind as much because you "look the part" so to say.

My advice to you is :

wear army fatigue. put camo on the long 70-200 white lens. Then ramp in the dirt with the dslr on your back. Ramp to where you want to go, then start to shoot candid stuff. Maybe you can use flash grenades too.

Ifyou got an hostage, you can tell him "one out of three picture of that film will shut"

Then when all that is over, you can go in the wild and start to hunt some deer

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG2012

Haha they made not look professionally made, but I know of many professional outdoor photographers who use them. Lenscoat lens covers are highly regarded for being excellent products.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Slightly off topic, but I have a Lenscoat "hoodie", and it is very well made. It came with my 16-35, which I purchased from the owner of Lenscoat. []