Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading Bodies

Re: Upgrading Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by HiFiGuy1

Well, for nearly the same price as a new 7D, I have seen several clean used 1DIII bodies on eBay.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

So? I have a 1D3. I bought a 7D in March as a stop-gap camera for the year until I can afford and justify a 1D4 next year.

I bought a second 7D three weeks later, and have moved the 1D4 down the wishlist probably far enough that it's a 2012 purchase. The 7D is that good. Only two things I find myself actually missing from the 1D3 is the button-based exposure mode selection (the darned exposure mode knob gets spun around when I'm not looking) and the inability to control ISO on the big wheel (or at least I haven't found the tricks to do so). Otherwise, it's a better camera with better images for 1/3 the money.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Re: Upgrading Bodies

Quote Originally Posted by peety3
    Only two things I find myself actually missing from the 1D3 is the button-based exposure mode selection (the darned exposure mode knob gets spun around when I'm not looking)

This drives me nuts! When I shoot weddings I often have two bodies (5DII &amp; 50D) hanging off of me with Black Rapid straps. This method of transport has proven to be very successful but those darn knobs do tend to spin on occasion and it can wreak havoc if you're not diligent about checking your settings before you shoot something important!