Thread: 5D Mk II - Advice, experiences and suggestions

5D Mk II - Advice, experiences and suggestions

I am planning to pick up a 5d Mk II, Iwant to know experiences and words of advice or suggestions from people in this forum.This would be my first full frame digital, hence this post.

Iplan to use my existing 70-200 2.8 IS, 50mm 1.8 and 100mm 2.8. Wish I could have used the 10-22 on this, but I guess I will just let it live off my 40D only.

Re: 5D Mk II - Advice, experiences and suggestions

If you like superb image quality andlow light capability, you will not be disappointed. Looks like you have some great lenses already too. Since you can't use t he 10-22, you will probably want a standard / wide zoom. A 24-105 would be good for general purposes and if you want to replace the 10-22 in functionality, a 17-40 would do at a reasonable cost.

What kind of shooting do you do? Might help to give you some more insights.

Got my 5d2 last month and never looked back. Coming from a 40D, there's significant difference in IQ and hi ISO useabilty. The only think I miss on the 40D was the higher fps. The large clear viewfinder is what conviced me to go FF. For WA, I use the 16-35 II but if do a lot of outdoor landscape, 17-40 would be best.

I like to do two kinds of photography, 1) Photograph Aircrafts for which I use the 100-400 and 2) landscapes for which I always used to use the 10-22 on my 40 D and recently even for landscapes I started using my 70-200 2.8 is since it allows the F/32 which I find very useful to capture detailed landscapes. I really wish I could use the 10-22 was a EF mount and not a EF-s mount. It is a beautiful lens and I would have loved it on the full frame.

Isn't diffraction a problem at F32? (Off topic but genuine question since I want high detail landscapes as well but have yet to start shooting them later this year on assignment).