Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Video with a 7D

Re: Video with a 7D

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke

doesn't Squared5 do conversions from ".mov" files to "whatever"
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Greg, Squared5 makes the program called MPEG Streamclip which unfortunately Bob already tried without much success...

Quote Originally Posted by mikehillman89
    Greg, Squared5 makes the program called MPEG Streamclip which unfortunately Bob already tried without much success

At least I was right about being both wrong and late with the information That's pretty good for me. I'll do better next time.

Greg
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Haha. No worries man. No ones making fun of you here. There's a billion companies and software out there. We're all bound to get confused at some point by them.

Haha. No worries man. No ones making fun of you here. There's a billion companies and software out there. We're all bound to get confused at some point by them.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Ditto----Btw, Confusion isn't cheap.
    Bob

Hi Mike,

I've never met anyone who has edited 5D Mark II video files in full 1080 on a MacBook. Are you doing that? If so, I tip my hat to you

Matt

Both the 7D and 5D MKII have the exact same bitrate and video quality. There's no difference other than some effects that the 5D has but that doesn't affect the size. While the h264 isn't the best codec to edit natively, it can still be done. The best way to do it would be to convert to prores so it's less taxing on your computer, but if you aren't dealing with much footage or don't have time, native editing works just fine. If you don't have the patience for the slow render times then good luck with your initial conversion to another codec.

Oh Bob, I don't know if this is mentioned already, but if you're planning on shooting large amounts of video...you might want to make sure you've got enough batterypower. Get at least 1 spare battery if you don't want to miss anything. I noticed that my battery definitely gets a hard punch when I shoot video.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    you might want to make sure you've got enough batterypower

Thanks Jan, Luckily I have 4 batteries, so I am hoping to be ok on that end, But I will definitely monitor my battery situation closely,

Thanks

Bob
    Bob

I don't know if you've tried this or not Bob but it just came to me. You have a grip yes? As I'm waiting for my 2nd battery in the mail could you try something for me? Try recording video with both batteries installed and while it's recording take one out and replace it with another, wait a few min then take the other one out? I want to know if the batteries can be swapped if you're in a pinch...

Thanks,

Mike

I don't know if you've tried this or not Bob but it just came to me. You have a grip yes? As I'm waiting for my 2nd battery in the mail could you try something for me? Try recording video with both batteries installed and while it's recording take one out and replace it with another, wait a few min then take the other one out? I want to know if the batteries can be swapped if you're in a pinch...

Thanks,

Mike
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Mike, I'll Also give that a try, but my guess is "YES" since the grip will normally run on one battery.
    Bob