Thread: A beginner with high aspirations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A beginner with high aspirations

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]Jeustance, welcome to the forum, I&rsquo;m sure you will obtain heaps of information from these wise folk here.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I was or should I say am in a similar position to you.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I purchased the 50D with the 28 &ndash; 200 kit lens and must say that I wasn&rsquo;t impressed at all with the quality.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I found the ideal focal range for crisp photos was between the 40 &ndash; 120mm mark, anything outside of this was called soft, in other words blurry to me.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]Long story short I did save for and purchase the 24 &ndash; 105L, I too want the full frame in the near future.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I can not afford to have a piece of equipment in my bag that I do not use; it would do my head in.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I couldn&rsquo;t be happier with my choice and the good people on this site did help a lot with my decision along with the reviews here as well.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] It is on my 50D 90% of the time, I have used as a studio lens as well as for a few weddings and I couldn&rsquo;t be happier, as are my clients.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]Bodies, lenses, tripods etc etc are a real preference choice and you will get a great debate from a myriad of people to explain why they think one is better then the other, which is great you get to hear form all sides, pros and cons, but it all comes down to what you want to shoot your style, speed, light and the list goes on.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]If your are in the position to rent a lens for a few days or a week I would also suggest this, try before you buy / choose.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Hope this has helped a bit and keep asking the questions.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Scott

Re: A beginner with high aspirations

I can speak only to the f/2.8 24-70. GET IT! it was my first lens and I have no regrets, even without the IS. get the fastest glass you can afford. enjoy!