Thread: Indecision On Lens Choices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Indecision On Lens Choices

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

The 70-200 f4L IS could help you out better for those shots I think. It has more advantage inside I think than the 70-200 f2.8L non-IS.

I've thought about possibly even upgrading to the f/4 IS lens, but it seems like a senseless use of money as I rarely seem to have any problems handheld. And I've almost always got my tripod with me, so if need be I can just throw my body onto that.

Thanks guys, you've been a ton of help! And certainly saved me money!

@atul;

Sheiky's right, L-lenses are an addiction. ;P

-Zach

Re: Indecision On Lens Choices

Quote Originally Posted by zacotton

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

The 70-200 f4L IS could help you out better for those shots I think. It has more advantage inside I think than the 70-200 f2.8L non-IS.

I've thought about possibly even upgrading to the f/4 IS lens, but it seems like a senseless use of money as I rarely seem to have any problems handheld. And I've almost always got my tripod with me, so if need be I can just throw my body onto that.

I know, but this was mainly for indoors comparison vs the f2.8 non-IS version. I know that IS on these focal lengths can be very welcome, although if you do bring a tripod anyway I guess it's indeed a waste of money for 9/10 situations.

Jan