Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

The 35 is very, very sharp and for a wide angle the bokeh is very smooth and dreamy. I've seen people comment that the bokeh is "nervous" looking, I think they may be comparing it to a telephoto which isn't a fair comparison. For a wide it is as good as you can get IMO.

The 35 is a great compliment to my 85 1.2. The images have a consistent look between them, I definitely can not say the same for the 50 1.4. I try to use those 2 lenses when ever possible. The images just look so much better than any zoom I have ever owned.

Thank you for your response, Keith. It has been very helpful!

As far as the 35 getting an update; I personally don't expect it this year.

I was wondering about this and was planning to hold off anyway just to see what Canon does come out with later this year but if they do improve on this one, it will probably shoot it out of my price range.

I have always been curious to the neglect this lens gets on this site. Bryan only has it in a couple recommended lists and they are low on them.

That was one of the main reasons why I posted this. I was curious why there hasn't been too much hype about it on this site.

Thanks again!

Denise