Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patio Construction

Patio Construction

We're building a patio in the backyard in order to have a gazebo and furniture out there. My mom asked to see how it was going. Unfortunately, Amber and my father had already pulled the tarp over the site before I got the chance to take a picture. So, just for fun, I thought I'd make a movie to better illustrate what was going into making the patio.

Canon 7D, 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5, 85mm f/1.8, & 50mm f/1.4

B&W .6 ND & Fader ND Mark II[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq9IX_Rpy9g&hd=1:640:385]

Re: Patio Construction

Hey Sean,

what software do you use for video mate? I like the narrow DOFyou're able to getwith the ND filters on.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Believe it or not....Windows Live Movie Maker. ;-)

However, that's after being converted to an AVI using MPEG_Streamclip.

Not much patio making going on here. Must be union guys building this gazebo. Just kidding. The video is very sharp. I have never looked at any video filmed by an D-Slr until now. Its peaked my interest. Maybe a 7-D might be in my future. Hopefully the tarp comes off and a gazebo pops up soon dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosthex

Not much patio making going on here. Must be union guys building this gazebo. Just kidding. The video is very sharp. I have never looked at any video filmed by an D-Slr until now. Its peaked my interest. Maybe a 7-D might be in my future. Hopefully the tarp comes off and a gazebo pops up soon dude.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

We've come a long way in a week. The deadline for the patio being usable is July 10 (Amber's birthday...we're planning a cookout), so it's gotta be done before then. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    The deadline for the patio being usable is July 10 (Amber's birthday...we're planning a cookout), so it's gotta be done before then. :-)

No problem!I work in construction and believe me the only way to get anything done is to set a firm deadline. Once a date is set you've got something to work towards, especially considering the potential consequences of not having it ready for Amber's birthday....

Nice video BTW.

Stephen

I like my construction better with loud noises, hammer bashing, drills screeming and heavy metal [:P]

Looks great Sean, no focus-pulling in your video [] looks like a great place to hang and relax when it's finished [Y]

By the way, nice backyard, looks pretty big to me. i can imagine some great barbeques going on there []

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky

Looks great Sean, no focus-pulling in your video [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img] looks like a great place to hang and relax when it's finished [img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

By the way, nice backyard, looks pretty big to me. i can imagine some great barbeques going on there [img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

Actually, it's not that big....until you're trying to mow it with a push mower, then it seems a little too big. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters
    Actually, it's not that big....until you're trying to mow it with a push mower, then it seems a little too big.

Amen to that... it has been in the 100's here for the past week, so pushing anything outside seems like torture. Great video though. Seeing that stuff makes me want TO MAKE MOVIES!!! Sorry for the virtual shouting, but I really really want to get into that stuff, I have all these ideas for it, but can't really make it happen.... yet.

Such is life.[N]

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

To be fair, I've had the 7D for quite some time and I've done very little video stuff with it. However, I've been looking into it a bit more lately...