Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Canon DSLR for beginners... help pls :(

Re: Canon DSLR for beginners... help pls :(

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    Just a comparison: I thought my 450D(comparable in size and weigth) was too small for my hands [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]

my hands are too small, the smallest in my class actually (i know that coz i've been searching for ppl with hands smaller than mine for years now [] )... and im also having trouble reaching the focus ring at times

@neuro

if i ever get those two, i'm pretty sure im gonna have to buy a tripod with wheels [:P]

btw, ther is a small prob i noticed... im not able to focus stuff while viewing thru the view finder,it is soooo not sharp,but when i use live view i dont have a prob focusing... is something wrong with my view finder or is something wrong with my eyes?

There should be a little wheel on the edge of the viewfinder (called diopter adjustment or something along those lines), which might be set incorrectly.

Focus with AF, (or liveview, and without moving the camera, switch back into viewfinder mode). Use a large f value to make more of the scene in focus if you'd like. Adjust the diopter wheel until it seems as sharp as you can get it. If that doesn't fix it, then I'm not sure what it is.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston
    here should be a little wheel on the edge of the viewfinder

Yep, turn this wheel untill the focus squares get the most contrast and are the best visible to you and you'll see a lot sharper through the viewfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Your 550D + Tamron 17-50mm lens = ~1 kg (2.2 lbs)

My gripped 7D + 100-400mm lens = ~3 kg (6.6 lbs)

My gripped 40D + 70-200/2.8L + 580EXII = ~7 lbs. [:P]