Thread: Canon (EF 100-400 L + EF 24-105) or EF 28-300

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Canon (EF 100-400 L + EF 24-105) or EF 28-300

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    the BlackRapid strap is a wonderful piece of gear that allows me to carry a camera more easily

Not to hijack the thread, but I am looking at the RS-4. I take it you like yours a lot John and would buy it again -- always the best recommendation. What model do you have?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris White
    Not to hijack the thread, but I am looking at the RS-4. I take it you like yours a lot John and would buy it again -- always the best recommendation. What model do you have?

I have the RS-4, and I'd definitely buy it again. The only complaint I had was that the metal-on-metal of the ConnectR (the carabiner-type ring on the strap) and the FastenR-2 (D-ring lug that threads into the tripod mount) makes a clicking noise when walking, especially with a heavier lens/camera combo. Not a problem on the street, but annoying when walking down a quiet trail through the woods. My solution to that was to dip the D-ring part of the FastenR into some Plasti-Dip (from Home Depot, like you'd use for a tool handle). Problem solved - quiet walking.

Thanks John, I am familiar with Plasti-Dip. I should have my RS-4 by the weekend.

Chris