Thread: I need help with some questions answered about copyright infringement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I need help with some questions answered about copyright infringement

Unfortunatly I have spent to much time with an attorney talking about company matters

If I had done what you have done so far, our attorney would have chewed me out for sending an apology letter.

Second, what you didn't say is, Have you verified that the picture does indeed belong to them. I would want to see that proof before I paid a thing.

If you have done a search of internet about this I think you will find alot of people getting the same type of letter.

Re: I need help with some questions answered about copyright infringement

Once we received the letter I was told to remove the image immediately which I did and the warehouse business manager wrote a email back to the Getty company saying that the image had been removed and that they were not aware that the particular image was copyrighted . An apology was sent as well where Getty's wrote back no excuses and your still responsible to cover the fee. Yesterday I advised the local business that I built the site for to turn it over to their attorney and have him ask for paperwork to be sent to him to verify when the road sign image became property of the Getty's company. Getty Images states that this image is property of one of their photograpahers and that they are taking action because he works for them. I would think that most big organizations would be ok with you taking the image down and be done with it but Getty's seems to be willing to take legal action by the sound of their letters of course. The local business is scared because they have a lot more to loose then say me. I would have laughed at Getty's if they tried to contact me.