Thread: American Le Mans @ Road America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: American Le Mans @ Road America

Thanks for the comments guys.

Road America has a ton of great shooting locations, I have only managed to proccess a small amount of photos I took and these seemed like they were worth posting.

I kind of like the panning shots with a busy background because it gives you the sense of speed and shows the amount of panning that was necessary. Here's a few with a clean background, to me they seem boring:

And a few with multiple cars showing:

Re: American Le Mans @ Road America

Quote Originally Posted by Itheone

<span style="font-size: 11.8056px;"]I kind of like the panning shots with a busy background because it gives you the sense of speed and shows the amount of panning that was necessary. Here's a few with a clean background, to me they seem boring:

<span style="font-size: 11.8056px;"]

I like the first set of photos better too, the cars are also cooler looking, and the shots are more exciting. I also think the color, contrast, panning, and lighting are all better in the first set. T<span>he cars in the first set are also sharper, andI prefer the lower shooting angle in the first set, as compared to the first 3 photos in the second set.

The second set is missing that sense of speed or relativity in the background. I do like the last one in the second set, because the cars look like they're going to come right through the screen, and it puts the viewer right in the action.

I know you can't always control the background, but I do think the first set with a wider aperture would be great, but I can certainly see how the zoom can be very handy in a race like this.

Again, great shots.., I really enjoyed them!

Thanks for sharing,

Rich