Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canon Announces EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Canon Announces EOS 60D Digital SLR Camera

This is not considered an upgrade but more like a step back where camera body updates are concerned

Why would anyone upgrade from a Rebel Series to the 60D, seriously who??? it would make sense to go directly to the 7D more now than ever as the prices are dropping. The 7D was had at launch date for 1999, now 1500!

Canon, please say it ain't so!
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

So how long will the 50D continue to be available? I don't have the cash at the moment but was set on a 50D as an upgrade from my ageing 400D. I definitely want 6fps and focus micro-adjustment. At first glance, all these bells and whistles on the 60D are of no use to me personally. I'm sure others will think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by cian3307

So how long will the 50D continue to be available? I don't have the cash at the moment but was set on a 50D as an upgrade from my ageing 400D. I definitely want 6fps and focus micro-adjustment. At first glance, all these bells and whistles on the 60D are of no use to me personally. I'm sure others will think otherwise.
    <p style="CLEAR: both"]

Henry's Canada currently has the 50D Body on clearance. It's 799 Canadian in the current flyer while supplies last.

I'm not convinced at all with the 60D. It seems indeed that Canon is making another type ofcamera. Luckily it doesn't really affect me [:P]

hey all, i've been gone for a bit, my bad [:$] i've been reading up a bit on the 60D, both the comments here, on CR, and reading the review on DPR. what i've noticed is a heck of a lot of bashing, not on here, but on CR and a couple other places i have read, a lot of it seems misplaced to me. i think this is a fine camera, especially for someone upgrading from a rebel like i plan on doing soon. i have an XSi, and was actually thinking of the T2i, then the 7D. i feel the the 60D is perfectly placed in the middle of the two. would i like to see more 7D features on the 60D, well yes, but then price increases. i like the size, between the T2i and 7D, for the segment this camera is aiming for, is a Mg body necessary? i dont think so, and apparently canon doesnt think so. would i like a Mg body, well yes, but then again price comes into it. am i going to miss micro focus adjustment? prob not as i have never used it, and you cant miss what you have never used, which goes for a lot of things the 60D does not have, but it does have a lot of things that my XSi doesnt have, so it is a definate upgrade for me. will i buy a T2i...prob not, will i buy a 7D...maybe, will i buy a 60D....probably.....the choice i make between a 7D and 60D will depend on how much money i save between now and christmas. For all the people that have been complaining today after the announcement, maybe what you really want is a 7D or 5d2, but you either dont have the money or are too cheap, and it seems that a lot of people want all the professional bells and whistles in a camera that costs a grand.........good luck with that. and for all those that have threatened to leave canon and go buy a nikon because they dont like a new camera.........well go right ahead, nikon makes some fine cameras, but i have always shot canon and will continue to do so, and whether that will be a 7D or 60 D in the comming months......well that all depends on finances.

i think canon made a fine decision in re-positioning the xxD series

jim

Quote Originally Posted by lynx0069

i think canon made a fine decision in re-positioning the xxD series

jim

I simply disagree. And you willlong forMicrofocus Adjustment the first time you buy a lens that's just a little off in focus with every shot. Of course, you can send the lens/body combination to Canon and let them calibrate it (which, of course, you'd have to if you purchased the 60D), but it's so much more convenient to fix the problem yourself.

Most people like the added heft and ruggedness that a magnesium body adds to a camera. Once you've held a sturdier body in your hand, and bumped it around quite a bit, you come to realize just how much that particular feature is worth.

Personally, I don't like the repositioning of the xxD series. It's like they've fallen from grace. That said, I'm not in the market for an xxD camera (although I have one for backup purposes), however, I can still have an opinion on the matter.:-)

New cheaper 2nd body is the way I'm looking at it!

[]

Quote Originally Posted by elmo_2006

This is not considered an upgrade but more like a step back where camera body updates are concerned

Why would anyone upgrade from a Rebel Series to the 60D, seriously who??? it would make sense to go directly to the 7D more now than ever as the prices are dropping. The 7D was had at launch date for 1999, now 1500!

Canon, please say it ain't so!

Seems like Canon downgraded it specifically so that people would jump to higher end models. And they also profit if you buy the 60D; cheaper to build, same starting price (as 50D, etc).

The lack of AF Microadjustment just seems like a huge step in the wrong direction to me. That feature alone is so important and was one of the reasons I upgraded my body. Weird...

It's a little "gimicky" for me right now but once a few reviews come out hopefully it'll have some good features.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor
    It's a little "gimicky" for me

That is the word I was searching for earlier. I said plasticky, but I agree.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro