Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming trip

Re: Upcoming trip

Yeah I knew the 24-105 would be the popular choice. Is mine too. I had to add the others because I really wanted to throw in the new 70-300 f/4-5.6L since it seems I am jonesin' for it and wanted to see if anyone else would bite.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    I should be able to fit my gripped 7D, 17-55mm (I want wider than 24mm for my general purpose lens)

I forgot to mention I will be using it on a 5D so it is really 24 wide. 17 on a 7D is 27 is it not?

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wertman

4) 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS (available soon and assuming IQ is very good)

Even if it were the award-winner for your question (which it clearly isn't, as I too would vote for 24-105), assume that a new lens will be on heavy backorder for weeks if not months. Even #2 in your list was hard to get for perhaps half a year. Besides, you haven't seen any reviews...
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Hi Tom,

I'm facing a similar but less restrictive choice soon, myself - a trip to Storyland in New Hampshire (theme park for toddlers, primarily) andand some other nearby locations.

--John
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Hi John:

Story land is aimed for young children 3.5/4 to 10/12 yr, old's more than toddlers. Ones of the age that have had a little more interactive understanding of the theme's. It is a lot of fun for the little ones, but it can be easy to over tire them, there is just "SO" much excitement it can be a bit over whelming for the youngest ones. Another place that she may like is Santa's Village in Jefferson. From the North Conway area you would go north through Crawford Notch to Twin Mt.. At the light turn right on RT3 go a couple of miles and taker a right on RT115, follow that for 8/10mi. and then turn left at RT2, after you go through the thriving megalopolis of down town Jefferson it is just a few more miles and will be on your left. Over the years it was a pretty even split as to which was more enjoyable for the kids, Story land or Santa's Village. From the North Conway area you probable have about 40mi trip one way. You also might enjoy the return trip down Pinkham Notch to the east ( lot's of water falls), you end up going right by Story Land before joining RT 302 again.

There are many small hikes designed to take little ones on to give them an exposure to nature. If you are interested let me know and I can come up with s few to visit for you. Story Land is about 35 mi &amp; Santa's Village about 20 mi from us. Let me know if you need anything else.

Godspeed

Wayne

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden" />
    <div id="refHTML"]</div>

Thanks for the helpful tips, Wayne! So far, she's seemed ok with 'excitement' - we went to a series of jazz/blues concerts over the summer, and she had a blast dancing up by the stage for nearly 2 hours each time (here's a pic from the second one). By the third one, she managed to get herself invited up on stage and spent a song on the lead singer's shoulders...

We've looked into Santa's Village too, and may head up there on one of the days. Thanks also for the tip on a return through Pinkham Notch! If you have suggestions for a couple of short hikes in the area (perhaps start a Conversation to avoid further hijacking Tom's thread), that would be most welcome...she already spends a lot of time out in the 'wilderness' (local Audubon preserves and state parks), and loves the outdoors.