Thread: Early Morning Photos - C&C Welcomed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Early Morning Photos - C&C Welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

One comment not critical about 2 and 3, it would have been intersting to catch the boat in the suns flare on the water.

I agree and that is what I was hoping to get! I still have a number of photos from that day to get thru (I also got my first blue heron shots that morning) so hopefully, there is still a chance I have one.

Thanks!

Denise

Love the shots Denise. I'm a big fan of the silhouettes. They remind me of a couple shots I shot a while back. If I were to C&C I'd just offer up the suggestion to get lower (if possible) on the fisherman shots to get some sky in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Love the shots Denise. I'm a big fan of the silhouettes. They remind me of a couple shots I shot a while back. If I were to C&C I'd just offer up the suggestion to get lower (if possible) on the fisherman shots to get some sky in them.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thank you so much, Keith! You are right, it would have looked better with the sky in the photo. I had my tripod set up on the asphalt bike path on the hill above for the sunrise shots but you have given me thoughts for next time ...hopefully, a fisherman will be there and I'll still be able to remain inconspicuous!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Love the shots Denise. I'm a big fan of the silhouettes. They remind me of a couple shots I shot a while back. If I were to C&amp;C I'd just offer up the suggestion to get lower (if possible) on the fisherman shots to get some sky in them.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thank you so much, Keith! You are right, it would have looked better with the sky in the photo.

Adding actual sky to those photosmay work, but the lack of sky contributes towhat I really like about #1. The water almost looks likethe sky.It is somewhat like an impressionist/post-impressionist painting. Including sky would change the angle to the water and you might lose the effect. My only comment is that slightly blurring the fisherman might actually make the photo look even more like an impressionist painting.Or if there was a 3rd subject in focus (boat?) with the fisherman/water out of focus. But I am not sure that would be better, it is just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72
    My only comment is that slightly blurring the fisherman might actually make the photo look even more like an impressionist painting.

I do actually have a photo where the fisherman is casting the line so the fishing rod has slight blurred motion. Wasn't sure if it was a good or bad addition to the photo. I am at work now but will post it tonight and would appreciate your opinion of it.

Thanks Much!

Denise