Page 71 of 558 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.26/_5F00_MG_5F00_7053-mic.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B
    I actually shot it with 100-400@400 on my 5D2.

use 5D2 to shot BIF sounds pretty hard, but the IQ looks very nice even heavily cropped. I hope Canon will build a better AF system in the 5D III.

To tell you the truth this may have been the only BIF shot I have ever taken with the 5D2. The 5D2 AF is the reason I recently bought a used 1Ds2. I had a 7D but I'm just so use to FF I never felt comfy. If I get to a point where I can float 3 bodies I'll get another 7D. 400mm doesn't feel very long on a full frame.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian mandea

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.26/_5F00_MG_5F00_7057-mic.jpg[/img]

Hey Adrian,

These are all great, but this one is my Favorite. The composition and contrast are wonderful. The ripples in the water are so clear, and you really nailed the white balance.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B
    400mm doesn't feel very long on a full frame.

no, not at all even on a cropped body like the 7D. Canon seems don't want to produce something like 500mm or 600mm 5.6[]

Nice shots, Adrian, I like the second and third one better, the first one seems a little out of focus on my screen IMO, but you caught a nice moment of action!

it looks like a beautiful lake( or ocean?) and there are a lot of birds around there[Y]

if you don't mind, I'd like to see some shooting data of your shots.

the first one is not out of focus,it looks like this because it was taken today using the canon 75-300mm -the cheapest tele lens and croped a bit.

the second and third were taken with my canon 40D and canon 400mm F 2.8 II ,iso 100 and the canon 1.4x extender attached.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian mandea

the first one is not out of focus,it looks like this because it was taken today using the canon 75-300mm -the cheapest tele lens and croped a bit.

the second and third were taken with my canon 40D and canon 400mm F 2.8 II ,iso 100 and the canon 1.4x extender attached.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

yes Adrian, the first one is just not that sharp cause of the lens you used. Wow, 400mm 2.8 II, no wonder the other 2 pictures look so different

John, I really like your shots of the GBH. I love the comp on the upright bird, but do wish it was a tad brighter (maybe my monitor). But, with the back lighting that might not be possible without really washing out the back. I also like the "jump to flight" shot, right on with the focus, even the foot splash is frozen--I think you captured the moment very well here.

Again, nice job

Bob

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    I was able to get close enough for a decent picture (the first was flying high overhead). The first one is an uncropped shot.

The shot is beautiful, John! You are so lucky to be able to get so close! I have been stalking this same bird every day after work for a week now! I climb over a guard rail, godown a steep hill to a large storm water retention pond and even though I'm on the opposite sidefrom him, if I move slightly he starts to walk away! I wish he would at least fly away ...more photos in flight would be nice instead of these super cropped versions of him just sitting there! One of these days, I know I'm going tofall right into this pond trying to get closer to him!

Denise, that's a wonderful shot of the hawk (a red-tail, I think)! [Y]