Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Closer up with a wide angle lens

Re: Closer up with a wide angle lens

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    The color &detail in both photos is amazing! Did you do much post-processing?

The only thing I did in PS for the kitty was to remove color cast by declaring the white fur to be white. For the hay shot I bumped the contrast a bit and blued the sky with a PS color filter.

After reading Rich's response I am going to revisit the original and see what I can do. If I have to go back to the scene I will try that as well.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane
    Maybe the shot would work better from a lower perspective, instead of standing.

Here is another version where I used PS and DxO together to attempt to remove what was disliked. BTW the camera was tripod mounted about 15" off the ground.

Tom[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.22.75/_5F00_002-copy_5F00_DxO.jpg[/img]

Hey Tom,

Experiencing a little technical difficulties!

I removed the 2 hay bales on the ends, removed some grass, and adjusted the color a little. I do miss the bushes, but just not centered and competing for attention.

Here's the original, but cropped differently, to move the bush over to the left. I think a nice compromise would be something in between these 2 shots.

Let me know what you think.

Rich

I am having a little trouble getting used to the new forum. Not sure which photo I like best. I'll keep trying.

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by salazarbrujo
    I like number 1, are you a professional, or have any pro training or is that lens and steady hand alone? nice shots cant wait to see more!

Thanks, I occasionally get paid to shoot weddings and sporting events. On Oct. 2nd I will be shooting a cross country race that has over 700 participants from high schools from all over the country. It should be a lot of fun and I will post some photos of it too.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I

Paul,

I don

Tom I must admit that I don't like the brushed away branches. I like the original with a somewhat different angle of cropping. Richard made a nice example where the branch isn't exactly centered. I do like that more, it seems like the bush is less disturbing that way.

Jan