Thread: Transiting Through The UAE Via Dubai & Onward To Our Destination...

Transiting Through The UAE Via Dubai & Onward To Our Destination...

<html xmlns="" />
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Re: Transiting Through The UAE Via Dubai & Onward To Our Destination...

Hi Everyone...

Need some assistance here. My wife and I will be transiting through the UAE via Dubai to our destination and as such I'll be hauling my camera gear along for the trip. I've read on some forums that I may potentially run into troubles if my camera bagis searched, generally speaking my 70-200 lens. It has been documented that some people have had their telephotos confiscated for no apparent reason, one telephoto was confiscated as it apparently appeared to look like a weapon - this to me soundsridiculous.I understand that Dubai is a global city and business hub, however; as with any country there are rules/regulations but I cannot logically understand why a lens such as a Canon or any otherlens will be confiscated as I can purchase said lens at the Dubai Airport. What is the purpose of leaving my gear at home if I cannot take photos to cherish forever, kind of makes this redundant - no?!

Please keep in mind that we will not be leaving the airport as we only have a 6 hour lay-over. I will be registering my gear at Pearson International to avoid any hassle when we get back.

Gear: 450D, 24-105, 70-200, 10-20, flash and other various items...

Opinions/recommendations/comments are more than welcome...

BTW, the first attempted post failed due to IE9 Beta....

Thanks
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

I know they hold a few photography conferences in Dubai, so there has to be a way...

I really know nothing about this, sorry!

Rich