Thread: Autumn Pictures: C&C

Autumn Pictures: C&C

The autumn colors are coming in here, and I wanted to try and capture some of the beauty. I'll be heading out again this weekend to take more, but I thought I'd get some feedback on some I took last weekend. All of the pictures below were taken with a EF 24-105mm f/4<span style="color: #ff0000;"]LIS.
    <div>

1) 35mm - 1/100 @ f/8 ISO 100

2) 24mm - 1/125 @ f/8 ISO 100

3) 32mm - 1/30 @ f/5.6 ISO 100

4) 24mm - 1/100 @ f/11 ISO 100

5) 28mm - 1/160 @ f/8 ISO 100

6) 50mm - 1/15 @ f/8 ISO 400

7) 105mm - 1/6 @ f/16 ISO 400

</div>
    - Trowski

Re: Autumn Pictures: C&C

I love the reflections in the first two images! Great pictures all around!

Paul

Very nice!! I was out doing exactly the same thing after work tonight but for some reason it looks like ours are turning brown before they even turned red! []

Denise

I like 1 ,2, and 4 the best. I love the reflections and composition of #2 a lot, but see if you could improve the dark area in the middle of the shot. It appears to be bushes, but for some reason, it

<div>

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane
    I like 1 ,2, and 4 the best. I love the reflections and composition of #2 a lot, but see if you could improve the dark area in the middle of the shot. It appears to be bushes, but for some reason, it's not being captured in the photo to the level of everything else. I would love to see #1 in 24mm horizontal orientation too.

The dark area in the middle is actually an island in the middle of the large pond. The trees on the side of the pond I was standing on were blocking the sun just right so the island was in shadow but the trees across were brightly lit. I didn't have my tripod with me, so I couldn't do any HDR (which I actually have zero experience with, but I'm excited to try it). The island isn't much to look at really, mostly just tall grass and weeds. I'll probably bring along my tripod this weekend when I go again. #1 in horizontal might be hard since I would end up catching that island in the picture and the shore was just to the right as well. It's a big pond though, so next time I go if the lighting is right and the weather cooperates I'll see if I can get some more reflection shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lane
    Where did you take these, it looks beautiful?

My parents own some land in central Minnesota, so I'm fortunate enough to have a large forest to run around in and take pictures.
    </div>
    - Trowski

Ok.., Cool!

I can