Thread: Be Careful When Purchasing Online ...I've been hacked!

Be Careful When Purchasing Online ...I've been hacked!

I just want to put a reminder out there for people. Be very careful where you are purchasing from online. Don't just look for the best deal! Make sure you are dealing with safe internet sites and they have the online securities in place.

I just found out that my credit card has been hacked into and the ONLY place I have used it online is one photography store one time and paypal one time. Somewhere, somehow someone got my number and the last three digits from the back of card and got away with one purchase but then when they got greedy and tried to make purchase after purchase of high $ amount, my card company denied it and shut down my card.

I just want to put out there ...BE CAREFUL!

Denise

Re: Be Careful When Purchasing Online ...I've been hacked!

Only buy from reputable sources. :-)

The seller can

jjphoto; She used her credit card 1x through paypal and 1x through an online photography store.

There are a lot of scam photography sites out there.. Mostly seem to be out of Brooklyn. Googeling any online store before purchasing is a good method for giving some hints on whether or not they are legit.

On a side note, can we not quote anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by nickds7

On a side note, can we not quote anymore?
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Use the Rich Formatting option.

I
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

One very small purchase they made was back in March that stupid me didn't even notice and since I had made a few purchases myself, I just paid the bill so I can't get that money back. I guess since I have had this card so long, I just looked at the $ amount due and paid it online without looking at the details. I guess I was in a rush or just plain niave. If I only would have LOOKED at it, I'd know I didn't make a purchase from "bazkdunlim" ...what the heck is that anyway!?

Then I used the card again in June for a small purchase online to a photo place that I think most of us know of. It is not a supporter of this site (sorry, Bryan) but it is well known. I don't want to name it in case they are not at fault.

Used my card last week thru paypal to purchase the "PRO" version on flickr. Then all hell broke loose! They purchased on Sept. 29th from Netflix, Foffil, Families of SMA (don't even want to know what this is!) and then tried $$$$ from Bed, Bath &amp; Beyond!

If it weren't for the purchase they made back in March, all would point to Paypal as the problem. Very puzzling!

Denise

Everybody and their mom has been getting hit recently. Just a product ofour time..and kids with no jobs. Some people say we were better off when we used checks. I'mlike "really?". Bank numbers (route and account), personal address, possibly phone numbers and SS numbers, and your personal signature.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    They purchased on Sept. 29th from Netflix

I wonder if they usedtheir address as a drop-off or are just doing the net thing. The people that buy the card numbers aren't exactly the most brilliant among us
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.