Page 79 of 558 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Joel, like this shot very much, nice bokeh, pose, composition and color, and always, very sharp and properly exposed.

ssvs04, that picture of chick is very interesting, what kind of bird is this?, personally I like to see more part of the adult bird in this case, good sharp pictures!

here is mine took last week

7D, 300mm 2.8+1.4TC

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1817.IMG_5F00_9917-copy.jpg[/img]

Its the same kind of duck as the one below. Im not sure of the name of these ducks. I have only heard people refer to them as junk ducks.

JJphoto,

I like the Egret portrait, the pastel colors in the background are nice, I would consider cleaning up the right lower corner and the white spots just below the neck, and I would leave some space to right and maybe crop slightly from the left.

Nice work,

Joel

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8272.343V0543.jpg[/img]

This a reddish egret taken from the deck of a pontoon boat in the Alalia river, Florida using a tripod with the 1D MKIII + 500mm f/4L IS USM

ISO 400 f/7.1 1/1250 sec

Joel - your mourning dove photo looks like a a perfect painting ...love the bokeh!

JJ - your egret shot is extremely sharp! i also can see one round circle in the upper left of the photo, possibly dust on the sensor or is that just the bokeh?? I'm not sure.

SSvs04 - That is some black bird there!! Wow, can't say I ever saw one of those before! Awesome!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ssvs04

What type of bird is that?

Very nice sharpness, colors and contrast. Sweet!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade

Mourning Dove taken in my backyard setup using the EOS 1D MKIII + 300mm 2.8L + 1.4TC

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2781._5F00_MG_5F00_7664.jpg[/img]

Joel,

Sharp bird, with a beautiful pose, and a warm creamy background..., what else could I ask for!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

Joel, like this shot very much, nice bokeh, pose, composition and color, and always, very sharp and properly exposed.

ssvs04, that picture of chick is very interesting, what kind of bird is this?, personally I like to see more part of the adult bird in this case, good sharp pictures!

here is mine took last week

7D, 300mm 2.8+1.4TC

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1817.IMG_5F00_9917-copy.jpg[/img]

All right.., something Fishy is going on here (pun intended). Your photos are starting to look a lot like Joel's and that's a good thing!

JJ, are you processing your pictures differently in the last few weeks, because I'm sensing a change regarding your backgrounds?

Why are they starting to look like paintings?

Rich

Deltasun,

Nice Composition!

Is that a Turkey Vulture?

Rich

Both Joel & JJ make me want to get my hands on a 300mm 2.8L! Love the painting look and awesome bokeh!