Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Re: Post Your Best HDR Photo

Quote Originally Posted by yulia

What is the lens that you used?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Sorry I took so long to answer. I used a 17-40L at 17 as close as I could get wihtout missing the small evergreen on the left.

Thanks for all the nice responses.

Alan

pnelson3, where was this taken?

I think it's great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan

pnelson3, where was this taken?

I think it's great!!

Alan, thanks for the nice comment. The Avon Theatre is in the heart of downtown Stamford, CT and this picture was taken on a busy Saturday night last summer. I had to wait while cars streamed by to shoot the half dozen exposures for the HDR.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.40/3.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.40/2.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.25.40/1.jpg[/img]

These were taken with a 40D and an EF-S 17-85 f/4-5.6 IS.
    I started out with Photomatix but I now prefer Dynamic Photo HDR as it allows more control over the post processing.

What are other forum members' preferred choice of software for HDR?

Way cool images!

Thanks [H]. All hand held as well. I guess that'll serve me right for leaving my tripod in another continent!

Thought I'd contribute an interior shot or two:

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.89/Kitchen1_5F00_crop_5F00_1000.jpg[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.89/Scrivner_5F00_foyer.jpg[/img]

Canon 1Ds with Sigma 17-35 f/2.8-4 EX HSM

Electrolyte-

Thank you for the kind words regarding the photo of my grandmother...I'm trying to take as many of her as I can so that I capture her exactly how I want to remember her. ;-)

Alan

Rob, that kitchen shot....it looks like I'm standing right in the kitchen, it looks so natural. HDR imagery does a great job on this shot.

Michael James,

I am extremely interested in your shots of the interiors. I think they don't come across as surreal, but maybe "better" than real. I understand that your realtor clients don't necessarily appreciate this, and I understand why, but as an amateur, and one who would do this kind of work for my company, I am very interested in understanding how you do this.

I appreciate your odysseywith trying to own high-end lighting, too, and I admire your ability to excel despite technical hurdles. I would like to use natural light anyway, so this is the path I would choose, even though I also want to learn how to use umbrellas, etc., in the future.

Would you mind if I contacted you privately to discuss your techniques?