Thread: One more look, please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: One more look, please

Thanks Denise,

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    You have really done an awesome job and it was great watching it all transpire

I am proud of it, But I have to give much of the credit to those who helped me, inlcuding you, other members of the TDP, my wife, and of course That poor Zenfolio Tech rep that I beat up with emails and stupid questions until wee hours of the morning (Literally)

Thanks Again,

Bob
    Bob

Hi Bob, beautifully laid out site. One thing that took me a while to figure out is that your site is not loading though Firefox. I had to copy/paste your link to Explorer to finally view its contents.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun

Hi Bob, beautifully laid out site. One thing that took me a while to figure out is that your site is not loading though Firefox. I had to copy/paste your link to Explorer to finally view its contents.

Good luck!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thats good info, Ill have to download firefox and see whats going on---Thanks

Bob

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Williams

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun

Good luck!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Thats good info, Ill have to download firefox and see whats going on---Thanks

Bob

Delta, I downloaded and installed FIreFox and the page seemed to work great, better/faster than Internet Explorer 8. The only thing extra I had to do was install Adobe Flash so that the slide show would work.

Now I have to decide which Browser,

Bob
    Bob

Hi Bob,

I am getting a later start than I wanted today, so I'll look atthe websitein more depth later, but quickly I had two comments:
    • In the past I thought you were going for a balance of "viewing for friends" and "commercial." With prices ("featured products") now listed on every gallery and individual print page, it is beginning to feel more "commercial."
    • Similar to one of Denise's comments, but the not all of the "featured products" listed next to the photo page are available once you click "buy." After playing with this a bit, I figured out that I had to hit the "back to all products" button and then you could make a selection and it would be available. But this is not too intuitive. It may be better to have the "buy" button go to the "product categories" section instead of the "medium/large print" selection. Or you could have all products on a single list.

Overall, it is very impressive.

As I said, I'll try to look more tonight or tomorrow.

Brant

Brant

Again, Great Info and thanks for the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72
    [*]In the past I thought you were going for a balance of "viewing for friends" and "commercial." With prices ("featured products") now listed on every gallery and individual print page, it is beginning to feel more "commercial."

Your right, It just kind of evolved that way---I fiqured friends could forgive any errors in design, where as potential customers probably would not---So I went with the commercial feel. I am also planning on adding a gallery or two that is only visable to family, friends or specific customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72
    [*]Similar to one of Denise's comments, but the not all of the "featured products" listed next to the photo page are available once you click "buy." After playing with this a bit, I figured out that I had to hit the "back to all products" button and then you could make a selection and it would be available. But this is not too intuitive. It may be better to have the "buy" button go to the "product categories" section instead of the "medium/large print" selection. Or you could have all products on a single list.

Again, you and Denise are correct, the Buy side of the page is less than intuitive---I think I confused the issue with the "featured products" section which is easily removed. I may also eliminate the photos that require smaller prints and therefore be able to eliminate the second "smal print" price list------

What do you guys think?

As Always, I appreciate the detailed feedback.

Bob
    Bob

Here we go again:

I simplified the price lists and removed the "featured Products".

I also discovered that MPIX won
    Bob

Great job Bob! I love it. Compelled to by a print (if i wasn