Thread: One more look, please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: One more look, please

Bob,

I saw the glitch you mention, (it seems that the first time you go to "all products" but each subsequent time it routes you back to the the last products page you were viewing). But I didn

Bob,

Site looks great - nice portfolio - my only suggestion would be to change the font - it looks like you have Times New Roman possibly. I find that dates the design. Try a newer style font maybe - IMO.

MattG

Quote Originally Posted by MattG

Bob,

Site looks great - nice portfolio - my only suggestion would be to change the font - it looks like you have Times New Roman possibly. I find that dates the design. Try a newer style font maybe - IMO.

MattG

Matt, Solid Suggestion, Actually this is a Baskerville font but very similar to Times New Roman. Since I am old and dated [:S], I am absolutely clueless about graphic design---due you have any suggestions for a more updatedfont taht would suit my site????

Thanks, Bob
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72

After you have moved yourself up the google/search engine list, I know you are planning on removing the "about you" stuff from the first page. I'd still keep an introduction of some kind, and you could play with having it above, below or split above/below the slideshow.....but that is very minor. Another minor thing is that your font is slightly different on the "purchase" page than the others. It is all white/bolded (?) vs a more subtle gray color.

Thanks for the look-see Brant, I do want to reduce the amount of text on the opening page, and I will probably go with a brief Welcome message, But I need to wait a few weeks for the search engines to really "crawl" the site---also, I fixed the purchase page, it should be closer to the other text now.

Thanks again for the look and the suggestions.

bob

Bob