Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallet full of $100 bills

Re: Wallet full of $100 bills

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    the 7D will be superior no matter the light level (more resolution and the same or less noise than a cropped 5D2

Good to hear!

That circumstance definitely applies to focal-length-limited applications (such as bird photography)

That was my thinking. My 100-400mm lens will probably be used almost exclusively on the 7D - when I need 400mm, I also need the the additional benefit of the crop factor. (Side note - I'm keeping the EF-S 17-55mm for opportunistic use when out shooting with the 100-400mm.) The rest of my lens collection I am adjusting to suit the 5DII, which will meet the majority of my non-bird/wildlife shooting needs.

Next up...the TS-E 24mm f/3.5<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L II and the 16-35mm f/2.8<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L II. [] After that, as the actor-turned-Governator said, "I'll be back."

EF hands down, I think.

That's my thinking as well. I know nothing about lens design, but it does not stop me from having an opinion []

he 7D will be superior no matter the light level (more resolution and the same or less noise than a cropped 5D2).

Now I am left wondering if I need a 7D to go with 500mm lens.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    Now I am left wondering if I need a 7D to go with 500mm lens.

It's the widlife photographer's dream camera, IMHO. If you don't need the fast frame rate, autofocus, or microadjust features of the 7D, you can get the 60D instead, which has a very similar sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    I'm hoping the lens/flash rebates will start soon...I doubt the TS-E 24mm II will show up on the rebate list, but they did rebate the TS-E 45mm and 90mm earlier this year.

The rebates have begun. Lucky for me, they actually put a rebate on the TS-E 24mm II (and TS-E 17mm). [] Unlucky for me, my rebates would have been doubled if I'd waited to purchase the 5DII along with the new lenses. [8o|] Ah well, that's life...

I'm hoping the lens/flash rebates will start soon...I doubt the TS-E 24mm II will show up on the rebate list, but they did rebate the TS-E 45mm and 90mm earlier this year.

The rebates have begun. Lucky for me, they actually put a rebate on the TS-E 24mm II (and TS-E 17mm). [img]/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] Unlucky for me, my rebates would have been doubled if I'd waited to purchase the 5DII along with the new lenses. [img]/emoticons/emotion-39.gif[/img] Ah well, that's life...
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

John, I was curious, Why are you interested in a T/S lens. Is it the benefits they offer for architectural work or other genres that you need to correct the vertical and horizontal lines, or perhaps that "artistic" OOF look they can provide for some types of shots.

Again, Just curious,

Bob
    Bob

Hi Bob,

A little of both. Mainly for the shift to correct architecture shots, but also for tilt in landscape shots (deep DoF without a super narrow aperture). But I'll play with the more artistic aspects of it, certainly!

--John

<span style="font-family: comic sans ms,sans-serif; font-size: small;"]I was hoping for the EF 17-40 USM f/4.0 <span style="color: #ff0000;"]L USM to be included in this round. []

Next up...the 16-35mm f/2.8<span style="color:#ff0000;"]L II. After that, as the actor-turned-Governator said, "I'll be back."

Ok, back a little sooner than planned. Planning to order the16-35mm f/2.8<span style="color: #ff0000;"]LII and the MT-24EX tomorrow, unless someone wants to talk me into the 14mm f/2.8<span style="color: #ff0000;"]L II...any takers?

Ok, back a little sooner than planned. Planning to order the16-35mm f/2.8<span style="color:#ff0000;"]LII and the MT-24EX tomorrow, unless someone wants to talk me into the 14mm f/2.8<span style="color:#ff0000;"]L II...any takers?

Maybe look a little further in to the future Neuro

It seems I read one of your posts where you mentioned the 35mm F1.4L would be on your list if were updated to II.

I have the 35mm F1.4L, after I got it and the 24mm F1.4L I haven't used my 16-35mm F2.8L at all.

The 16-35mm is the sharpest zoom I have had and it is my favorite you wouldn't go wrong with it. Long term will it fit in your kit.

If I had in my kit, a 35mm F1.4, your TS-E 24mm I would be looking at the 14mm instead of the 16-35mm.

Other wise....with your kit as you have it now I think the 16-35mm F2.8L makes the most sense.