Thread: Auto ISO---Who Uses It?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Auto ISO---Who Uses It?

Quote Originally Posted by tkerr

Bob, I tried reduce some noise for the picture, hope you don't mind

Nice job JJ, I don't mind at all, and the shot does look better, I also don't mind the "unnatural background" Did you isolate the animal and reduce background noise in PS?

BTW, its a Coyote and this one was taken in the wild.Had some time with the mom and two pups, unfortunately, they were eaither too noisy or slightly OOF.

Thanks,

Bob

Bob

thanks Bob and tkerr for the comments

I was trying to show Bob that you can reduce noise this way and yes maybe I overdid it but I like the way it is.

anyway, I agree if you can limit the ISO you want to be, auto ISO is a nice feature to have.

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto
    , I agree if you can limit the ISO you want to be, auto ISO is a nice feature to have.

I actually agree, I just need to pay more attention to what I am doing, should I decide to use it again.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by JJphoto

thanks Bob and tkerr for the comments

I was trying to show Bob that you can reduce noise this way and yes maybe I overdid it but I like the way it is.

I can appreciate that, In fact I might have blurred the background even more to make it look like a more natural bokeh.

One thing I might have tried in PS would be to isolate the Coyote in a layer mask and then use a gradient tool on the background and foreground.

If the OP doesn't mind I would like to give it a try and then re-post it.

anyway, I agree if you can limit the ISO you want to be, auto ISO is a nice feature to have.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I use a Canon EOS 50D, and I've never used the Auto ISO. It is only useful when you use one of the automated or semi-automated modes. With Auto ISO selected In Manual Mode it is fixed at 400 if you use a Flash it will be fixed at ISO 400. If set in the Portrait Mode it will be fixed at ISO 400. All other automated or semi-automated modes use a range from ISO 100 to 1600.
    There was a time when I used AV mode quite often and it might have helped, but now I am using Manual mode almost exclusively and often use a flash, Auto ISO would be useless to me. Outside in the bright Sun light I prefer to use lower ISO's. When cloudy or darker outside or when indoors I might want to use a higher ISO.

Hope you don't mind, Here is a quick edit in PS CS5 as described in my previous reply.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/8637.5282.Coyote_2D00_edit.jpg[/img]