Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The one that almost got away

That is coool. I can
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

That is coool. I can't even get the magpies in the front yard that sharp. Nice job. You'd probably be a good fisherman too.

Waiting, waiting, waiting zzz...
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I was at one time! I used to spend days on the end of the pier fishing for King Mackerel, Cobia, Etc. The wait was worthwhile when that real would start singing and you get that adrenaline rush.

Photography is pretty much the same as fishing in that respect. But the difference is that when your are fishing like that you are listening for the sound of the real to start singing. When you are waiting for the Birds or Animals to come into close view you are more in tuned with everything around you which keeps your mind more occupied and time seems to pass by pretty fast..

Those that get away are probably more than with fishing and probably more frustrating. And just like fishing you will have some pretty tall tales to share with your friends about the big one that got away.

Great shots tkerr, I think they got better as you went and agree with you on the third one.

I really enjoy the fishing analogy as well, hadn't thought of it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW

Great shots tkerr, I think they got better as you went and agree with you on the third one.

Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW

I really enjoy the fishing analogy as well, hadn't thought of it like that.

Which part, the part about waiting or the part about the tall tales? []

Haha the part about waiting!

I find myself walking through trails too fast at times and will begin to practice sitting in one place soak in the surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W

Haha the part about waiting!

I find myself walking through trails too fast at times and will begin to practice sitting in one place soak in the surroundings.

I was the same way until I got more familiar with the areas I shoot wildlife. Once I learned where most of the activity is I would go find a place downwind and just sit there waiting for the action. Wear clothing that blends with the surroundings, or find someplace to conceal yourself but still be able to get the shot.

Just like fishing, sometimes I get lucky while other times I go home empty. I'm glad I don't rely it to survive.[H]

There are times I still go out to the nature trails for a brisk walk, for the exercise, and bring the camera along in the event I might see a good photo opportunity.