Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Ok, here is my submission for the week:

Not great, But I couldn't resist showing all those turkey lovers what a real set of drumbsticks look like [:P]. Sandhill Crane
    Bob

really nice Bob, I think it

I agree, Sandhills are gorgeous...I love the gold and grey tones on the wings

Thanks Joel, JJ, They are fun birds to shoot and around here--southwest NM, is a wintering site for them, its an annual thing that I always look forward to. But I have to admit, I find them very challenging to shoot and really capture thier colors. They are fairly shy birds and getting with a 100 yards of them isn't to hard, but 50 yards is tough. Also, shooting them against a blue or blue/grey sky isn't normally complimentary for them, thats why I try and shoot inflight with the landscape in the background-----But... they don't follow direction very well---kinda of like two year olds. Here are some of my favorites of these birds---some you may have seen before.

Bob

Nice Sandies, Bob. Some suggestions, hope you don't mind... you gotta keep the horizon straight and birds need to fly toward you or at least parrell to you, not away []. I need to make a pilgrimage to Bosque Del Apache [], any serious bird photographer has to go there at least once inhis or her life right?

Osprey and Rainbow Trout

Taken at 7AM, Canon 7D + EF 500mm f/4L IS USM, f/4, 1/2000, ISO 1600, Manual Exposure, Tripod.

Thanks for viewing and please feel free to critique, comment and question. I'm open to anything []

Nate,

Nate the Great does it again!

You guys are killing me this 500mm f/4L lens.

Great action capture, excellent sharpness with a nice creamy background. The only way that it could be better was if the bird was flying in the other direction and towards the light. But, I don't know if even you could control that one!

Rich

PS. I love the frame too! What program is that?

Hi Bob, I Love the first Sandhill Crane shot in the single post above.

Regarding the set above: Great action int the first one, watch the horizon though. The 2nd one looks very sharp. The 3rd shot would be my favorite, if it wasn