Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: Post Your Best Shots of... YOU!

No watch in the pocket. Is it a button you

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

Awesome low key shot!!

<meta charset="utf-8" />

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

...I can picture seeingthis latest one of yours on a lighted billboard somewhere![img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

I second that!! []

Here's a recent one of mine, trying to mimic "by the window sil" shot with some strobes

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/4643.11_2D00_22_2D00_10.jpg[/img]

Vivitar285hv@Full - Bare - Bounced off a wall camera right about 5 ft away

White Umbrella directly camera left as a reflector for fill

Cactus V4 Trigger. Taken with an adjusted white balance for warmer color

Quote Originally Posted by TakahiroW4047

Here's a recent one of mine, trying to mimic "by the window sil" shot with some strobes

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/650x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/4643.11_2D00_22_2D00_10.jpg[/img]

Vivitar285hv@Full - Bare - Bounced off a wall camera right about 5 ft away

White Umbrella directly camera left as a reflector for fill

Cactus V4 Trigger. Taken with an adjusted white balance for warmer color

I like it--the lighting, pose, composition, and post-processing work well together. For a windowsill look, though, there's usually a little less fill. Then again, the fill would be dependent on the amount of ambient light in the room or reflected sunlight off the wall--so the fill seen above would certainly be plausible. What I sometimes do is place the strobe(s) outside windows diffused by a hanging piece of white fabric.

For a windowsill look, though, there's usually a little less fill. Then again, the fill would be dependent on the amount of ambient light in the room or reflected sunlight off the wall--so the fill seen above would certainly be plausible. What I sometimes do is place the strobe(s) outside windows diffused by a hanging piece of white fabric.

Very nice photo! Good points Sean. The strobe outside through fabric is a good one, I just wished I didn't live on the second floor of an apartment!

I may try a similar shot again sometime with a window or a blinds gobo instead to create an illusion of a "window". At the time I couldn't figure out how I could go about creating window shadows when I was bouncing off a big wall. I may just have to rip one of my blinds off my windows for that one []

Experimenting with some new post processing techniques I picked up recently. If you are wondering, I'm on day 267 of a 365 day self-portrait project, thus the copious amounts of self portraits [:P] It's essentially a photo diary that I started to for myself, and to keep my family abroad in the loops of my daily occurrence!

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/takahirow2118/5248900307/in/set-72157623677829283/][img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/6886.12_2D00_10_2D00_10.jpg[/img][/url]

<meta charset="utf-8" />

<p id="yui_3_2_0_1_12920912848231320"]Vivitar285HV@Full - 43" Shoot through Westcott Umbrella - Camera Left
    Vivitar285HV@1/2 - 43" Shoot through Westcott Umbrella - Camera Right
    YN560@1/16 - 2cm DIY Grid - Above Camera, Pointed at Subject Face
    Cactus V4 &amp; Optical Triggers
    <p id="yui_3_2_0_1_12920912848231315"]Canon EOS 7D
    Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 non-VC
    Exposure: 1/250sec
    Focal Length: 35mm
    Aperture: f/11
    ISO: 200

Quote Originally Posted by studio54

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/7633.IMG_5F00_7115.jpg[/img]

Here are a couple of mine, i usually have an infrared remote set to 2 seconds delay so i push it and in 2 seconds i do the pose. it's actually rather funny

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/8715.IMG_5F00_5941.jpg[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Great shot. Great shadows. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by TakahiroW4047
    I'm on day 267 of a 365 day self-portrait project

What a great idea! This is a great shot! So much to just simply look at in this shot.

So I took the rest of my vacation today (or I would have lost it). So, after two hours of work this morning, I spent the rest of the day taking pictures and shopping--spending $300 on Band-Aids, cold medicine, pain reliever, and just about everything else that qualifies for Health Savings Account spending.

I set this shot up close to home as I simply wanted to do some further testing with the Genus 77mm ND Fader filter. So far I'm decently impressed by it. Focusing does get more difficult as you ramp up the opaqueness, but at least autofocus is possible under most conditions. I like how I was able to keep the ambient at bay (by underexposing it) while using a wide aperture and staying below my flash sync speed. I think this type of photography is something I will utilize a lot this summer--except I won't likely be pushing the ambient down quite as far.

So I took the rest of my vacation today (or I would have lost it). So, after two hours of work this morning, I spent the rest of the day taking pictures and shopping--spending $300 on Band-Aids, cold medicine, pain reliever, and just about everything else that qualifies for Health Savings Account spending.

LOL! I pretty much did the same thing today! We won't be able to do this next new year's eve though since they have changed the rules ...unless you have a prescription for those band-aids!

You are most definitely putting that filter to good use! Very nice photo, Sean!!

Nothing but rain and fog here and all the bright white snow has washed away so I'm not getting any use out of mine so far! Hmmm, maybe tomorrow when I take a few photos of the polar plungers if it's not raining(crazy people jumping into Lake Michigan in their bathing suitsin 20 degree weather)!

Denise