Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 300mm2.8 MKll and 400mmMKll pre-order prices in Britain !!!

Re: 300mm2.8 MKll and 400mmMKll pre-order prices in Britain !!!

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    The pricing is ridiculous.

$7000 for a 300mm is too high, only make some sense if the IQ and AF performance of 300mmII+TCsIII combo is surprisingly good. but it doesn't seem like that, we will see pretty soon. but keep in mind even it is very good, it is only for 1D users.

400mm is a little bit different. I guess some people will pay that much for the new version just because it's 28% lighter so they can finally handhold the lens. same as the 600mm and maybe the 500mm.

if they raise the price of older version 10% and reduce the new one 10%, that would make a lot more sense to me.

I thought they didn't announce the pricing in the Aug announcment. I wonder if they went back and updated this.

Nope, it was there originally in the Canon USA press release. But the UK version of the press release doesn't list pricing, and that's the one that's posted most places (e.g. DPReview, etc.).

The pricing is ridiculous.

No argument on that point...

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

Nope, it was there originally in the Canon USA press release. But the UK version of the press release doesn't list pricing, and that's the one that's posted most places (e.g. DPReview, etc.).

Maybe I read it and was just in denial, it just couldn't be a real number....

I mean really...for $7000 does a Canon rep come out and checkthe AFmicroadjustment for you as well?

I guess I should save my money. I will need it when the $14,000 600mm comes out.

The price should come down once all the agencies and idle rich buy their copies and Canon finishes milking the "price is no object" segment. The initial price of the EF 100/2.8L macro IS was $1050, and now it

Quote Originally Posted by wickerprints

expect the pricing on the Mark II superteles to go down by about 20-22% to about $5600 and$8600 ... the rest of us mere mortals then get a shot.

You call that getting a shot? [:P]

Just for some side info, here are the Dutch (Netherlands) prices...

The new 300mm: 6500 EUROS

The new 400mm: 10000 EUROS

And let me add one thing. Renting the "old" 300mm would cost you 30 Euro a day. And renting the "old" 400mm would cost you 50 Euro a day. (Second days are 50%)

I think that you can rent quite a bit before you reach the 20% off marker of the new lenses... hint hint hint []