Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Conropl, welcome here!

I agree with you, it was a hand holding and I think it's harder than regular hand holding!

it's a nice capture of eagle!

PS. this is a beautiful snow owl!, I 'v been hoping that I can see them some day!

Hey Joel,

I know you don't care for a very saturated image but I thought this one needed some more punch.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3125.bird.jpg[/img]

Thats the original.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4201.bird-2.JPG[/img]

And this is the edited version, I tried to keep a light hand on the saturation. But you know me![]

I used DXO and applied levels, tone curve, saturation andused HLS to selectively applysaturation to certain colors. The red border was applied when I used screan snipping tool to make a screen capture because my paid version of DXO is still in the mail and I'm to lazy to re-download and instal DXO.[:P]

What do you think?

John.

John,

You certainly made it pretty !! Nothing wrong with what you did, I like the colorful look but it is no where close to what it looks like to my eyes in real life.

I would like to try DXO sometime, I have heard some good things about it.

Joel

Here is another recent image from the yard ..... a little more saturated !! I was lucky to get a sharp image at 1/250.

1DMKIII

300mm 2.8L IS USM + 1.4TC II

ISO 1000

f/7.1

1/250

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7536.343V9933.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    like the colorful look but it is no where close to what it looks like to my eyes in real life.

Thats what I figured, in overcast light the colors are a lot more flat and undersaturated than in sunny 16 lighting....[] But my version is definitely a little more saturated than real life.

Well you'll here one more good thing about it, it's awesome! The noise reduction and color redering is the best that I have tried so far. Here is a link to the trial version to get you started http://www.dxo.com/intl/photo/trial_version. Hope you like it.[Y]

John.

I really like it. A while back, I compared DxO to DPP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3125.bird.jpg[/img]

Thats the original.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4201.bird-2.JPG[/img]

Here's my version using a more subtle setting in DxO but stil shows some color (needa RAW to do more)...

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3683.3125_5F00_bird_5F00_DxO.jpg[/img]

I hope you don't mind! I know I'm not very good at it but thought I'd give it a try!

You guys are making me want to gostand outside in 5 degree weatherand wait for a bird to appear ...and it takes ALOT to get me to want to do that!

Denise