Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tripod idea

Re: Tripod idea

I have the Induro CT213 carbon fiber tripod & Induro BHD2 ballhead. I

I would add .. look at the max. height specs carefully since you are since 6 feet tall ... you will be very uncomfortable with a 5 foot tripod !!

I second Neuro on Manfrotto tripods.

I am currently on my second Manfrotto tripod, first I had 055MF4 with a midi ballhead then replaced it with 055CXPRO4, only to be able to repositionmy central column horizontal quicker for my macro shots.

I am exactly 6 feet tall and the hight of the tripod and the head works for me perfectly. If the folded lenght is not important to you you can get a 3-section equivalent. Manfrotto claims there is no difference in stability between 3- and 4- section legs. The load capacity of the legs and a midi ballhead is 8kg or over 17lbs.

I like this combination because it is relatively light butsturdy, folds short, opens up very low close tothe ground for my macroshots, and what is important, it ismuch less expensive than Gitzo counterparts. I use my legs with the mentioned midi head(RC4 quick release), but alsowith Manfrotto 393 Gimball head and 500L, as well as Nodal Ninja 3 MKII pano head. Couldn't be hapier

Hope this helps

Pete

Hey guys,

I wanted to follow up on this. I was able to score a used gitzo g1327. It

Hey guys,

I

Quote Originally Posted by henytran

I'm about to buy this and wanted to ask some last minute questions.

First, do you guys think that the quick release is worth the extra money? The thumb screw seems perfectly fine but I don't mind spending a little extra money if it will make my life a lot easier.

Also, I'm not sure which plate to get (want to stick with what's available on amazon since I have gift cards). Will this work with the 1ds m2?

Hneytran

I have had both releases. To me it doesn't matter whether it is the quick kind or screw kind. I like the screw type because it feels more solid to me. Especially if I carry the tripod and lens around much. I have had the quick release not lock solid before.

I wouldn't know why the plate wouldn't work with the 1Ds M2. Check to see what screw size it takes for the tripod, and even if the plate is wrong they make adapters as long as the hole in the 1D is larger. Which I think the plate you listed has a 1/4"s screw. But you should check to make sure.

Rick

Cool thanks Rick! I