Quote Originally Posted by TakahiroW4047

Did the coach want stills of the players for the strategy, or video showing the "big picture" to "review strategy"? I was under the impression that when talking strategy, a wide angle video from up high was best? Maybe renting a second body solely dedicated to video up top on the skybox with a wide angle view of the entire field and player's formation could be an option (left on a tripod of course).Sounds like it's fairly well lit, so T2i or 7D should be more than enough for video (since noise is less of an issue).

Stills aren't an issue. I already have about 11,000 images of this same team. My only concern is video choicesfor the 5DMKII.

I know the lighting is pretty good, so I'm wondering what aperture choice yields acceptable depth of field for video and what shutter speed makes everthing look nice and smooth. I'll basically balance these two choices with an ISO that works.

Right now,I'm thinking the EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM stopped down to around f/4.0 with a shutter speed of 1/60 is a good starting point. With the lights at this stadium, I'll probably only need ISO-800 or ISO-1600 to get a decent exposure.

Thoughts?