Page 126 of 558 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Thanks, Ben! This is already cropped pretty severely, so I didn

every time I go out shoot, I hope I can get a picture of a owl, but it hasn't happen yet. thanks for sharing Jon!

here is a recent one of mine

7D, 700mm 5.6, f5.6, 1/2000, ISO640

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7608.IMG_5F00_9968.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    (I can hear the new version of the 600mm f4 calling my name)!

yes, i already feel that 500mm is not long enough, that sounds exciting! you can use the 2XTC and still auto focus on your 1D III, that's 1560mm!

Looking for some critiques here as this is my first usable BIF shot..

I went to primarily take pictures of the bald eagles.. The Farmington Bay Waterfowl area gets nearly 400 of them some years! But walked away from this first shoot there with this being one of my favorites. (lens wasn't nearly long enough for the eagles. I got some good shots but had to crop so heavily that a lot of detail was lost..)

I believe that this is a Sharpshinned Hawk. I could be wrong about that..

A little soft and my settings weren't ideal, but I wasn't prepared for that. I was shooting something else entirely when I saw him about to fly by. Pretty proud I was able to focus and grab a couple shots that quickly.

Very minimal cropping here. Mostly just to take some of the frame away from the bottom left corner. I didn't want to crop too much because it's already a bit soft..

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1000x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8103.IMG_5F00_4552.jpg[/img]

Canon EOS 7D --Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD -- 1/400 sec, ISO -160 f/8 300mm, Handheld

Here's a small article about the Farmington Bay Water Fowl Management Area for anyone that's interested..

http://birding.about.com/od/birdingtravel/gr/The-Great-Salt-Lake-Nature-Center-At-Farmington-Bay-Waterfowl-Management-Area.htm
    <h4>AND here's a link to the most AMAZING bald eagle picture I've seen come from that area.. worth looking at! DO IT! []</h4>

http://www.naturescapes.net/iow/2008/2008BD_RP.htm
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Hi! Rocco

I like the pose of the bird.this picture does look soft, it could be the slower shutter speed, or simply the lens, and it seems underexposed.

I know you are getting the 400mm 5.6, I would chooe that one too in that price range.I

Yeah.. the lighting was HORRIBLE. Completely overcast and just unpleasant. I hope to get the new lens before the Eagles leave. []

Also worth mentioning I guess.. this is shot through a windshield as well. ha! Hows that for a piece of glass? lol
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1376.doc.9987212.jpg[/img]

Oh wow Adrian! Wonderful colours and composition. Fantastic.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Still suffering through an unusually snowy winter here in Kentucky, not as bad as our friends in Wisconsin however. Took this from my kitchen window yesterday....

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7041.343V0578.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade

Still suffering through an unusually snowy winter here in Kentucky, not as bad as our friends in Wisconsin however. Took this from my kitchen window yesterday....

Joel

We have record snow fall here as well. Seems like a big portion of the country is getting it.

Nice Cardinal ....it has me wondering. It looks like you used a fill flash, maybe not. If I had tried that I would have ended up with a big flash relfection off the window.

Rick