Page 129 of 558 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Great shot Joel! The natrual light in this shot I think looks better than the ones with a flast and better beamer. As long as the lighting is cooperating. I like the saturation in this shot, not so desaturated like it

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

John,

We haven seen any of those great bird shots of yours in a while[:P]
    Mark

Very nice images all the way through guys, so now I'm going to drag it down with one of mine.

Had to include it, even though it was the wrong lens and has been heavily cropped it does have some interest value, I think.

I was walking around my yard bug hunting with the 100mm IS on and I heard this thump, thump, thump in the garden. I almost dismissed it as a neighbour because it was so loud, but thought I should have a look anyway. With my cat like stealth I shambled up to the edge of the garden and just managed to disturb a kookaburra from doing something on the concrete garden edge. He was banging his head and beak from side to side. Well in between giving himself a concussion and my ninja stalking skills, he spotted me and flew up into this tree.

So I tip-toed over and managed to get this shot away, just before he had enough of me trying to sneal up on him. It is cropped and exposure is avaerage but you can see the elephant beatle in his beak that he was trying to bludgeon into submission for an afternoon snack. Kookaburras a like most birds and in the wild like this one (only my front yard) they like to keep their distance. So I'm happy with this shot.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/950x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8640.Kooka.jpg[/img]

@100mm f2.8, ISO160 1/250sec

Thanks for viewing.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

John,

We haven seen any of those great bird shots of yours in a while[img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Yeah, I know. My camera broke awhile back (almost 2 years ago if my memor serves my right). And I haven't been able to save up until know. But I did get a Epson R1900 and am totally blown away by the results! I couldn't believe I took them.

Here are some from awhile back, just too upease you guys and myselft.[:P]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4744._5F00_MG_5F00_8051.TIF-reduced.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7411._5F00_MG_5F00_7774.TIF-reduced.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4466._5F00_MG_5F00_8152.TIF-reduced.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6557._5F00_MG_5F00_7747.TIF-reduced.JPG[/img]

Cheers,

John.

Hi! Bob, nice to see you back with some amazing shots. the hawk in
    flight looks so sharp( sorry I'm very bad at bird's ID, but I guess Joel
    has answered your question), and I like the GBH shot so much!. the GBH
    seemed has swallowed a big fish already since it's neck looks so thick,
    very impressive.

Joel, really nice shot, the feather looks very fine and I like the color so much!

John, those old pictures bring back some memories! I still remember how sharp those shots you took with the 300mm 2.8 were, hope you get your camera soon!

Steve, I couldn't believe this happened in the backyard. it's a pretty good shot with a shorter lens, to bad it was back lighting, but I know it was not up to you.

Thanks guys for the kind words

Bob - Love your latest posts ...especially the GBH!!

Joel - Beautiful goldfinch! It sure felt like spring around here this weekend, I can

JJ,

The lens is a Minolta 600mm f/6.3, it has almost the same aperture size as the 300mm f/2.8 and weighs the same but has bare lens image quality. Which isvery sharp.So I can put a2X extender and still get a decent 1200mm lens, it's kinda slow but it's smallcompact and I don't need that focal length every day anyway. I will be ordering my 60D in a few days, just have to wait for the credit card.[]

John.

I will be ordering my 60D

At first I wondered if you were the first one here to ignore the missing AFMA, and go get a 60D... Then your post reminded me... Your favorite lens won't autofocus anyway, at f/6.3, and especially not with a 2X on it. Good to see you're finally getting a new camera, and I'm amazed that you have the willpower to save for two years for a xxD model, instead of jumping on a Rebel. Just in case you are looking to save a few pennies, Adorama does have a refurb 50D + some sort of lens for $899.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

John, didn

JJ,

I never took a picture with the 300mm f/2.8. Mabye it was almost as sharp as one. I just got my credit card and click click here I go!

John.