Thread: Post your best current shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Post your currently shot pictures

Thanks Jonathan, I know what you mean, but I think it might be a little bit site specific and this site is one of the more positive, encouraging and educationalplaces to visit.

I'd like to add a breed of dog that would be more suited to your conditions, I have acouple of the noble Japanese Akita from yesterday. I am a little bit biased about this breed as I used to own them a few years ago. They are one of the most handsome adult breeds and simply gorgeous puppies. They have a strong tendancy to guard and present a formidable obstacle for the stranger to pass. They do tend to be a one person dog, but are very affectionate and loyal to the family and friends. The male dogs especially have a sense of humor and take a while to mature and love a good play and boofy wrestle. My last male was a beautiful 130 pound lap dog. But he would only jump on you to say hello, then would position himself near you, not out of sight but perhaps between you and the door. Watchful and devoted. The movie Hachiko with Richard Geer pretty well sums up the Akita.

This very handsome dog is a nearly 8 month old pup and nice example of the breed. He was suffering a little bit in the heat yesterday.

Thanks for viewing and taking the time to paw[] through the waffle associated with this post.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Beautiful doggie pictures above!!!!

Not too much picture taking for me lately & this is not the best but it goes with how I feel ...sicker than a dog! [+o(]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/480x320/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-37-26/IMG_5F00_5262_5F005F00_1.jpg[/img]

Wonderful macro work of the flowers and gotta love those dog pix! Check out these fine legs! Shot from my porch last nite.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x427/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2308.5459946605_5F00_61df8395d1_5F00_b.jpg[/img]

nice shots everyone!, Erno, like this shot, great color and reflction, great idea!

my picture shows that I was on the way(almost got there, may be 30 seconds more driving) to shoot birds this morning as you can tell I was kind late[]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7433.IMG_5F00_2461.jpg[/img]

and the bird picture I got today

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1768.IMG_5F00_2539.jpg[/img]

I should have removed some branches but just no time.

thanks for viewing!

Poor Denise, get well soon.

Hey JJ, I love the light on the big bird and nice scene, even if it slopes a bit.

Erno that white must have a bit of alcohol to leave legs like that, or is it one of those luscious viogniers?
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8078.IMG_5F00_2324.jpg[/img]

comalleyphotography.com, Shot at the Como Conservatory in Minnesota with my Canon T1i and my 70-210mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/7651.IMG_5F00_5070.jpg[/img]

comalleyphotography.com, Shot with my Canon T1i and my 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 lens.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5873.IMG_5F00_9948.jpg[/img]

comalleyphotography.com, Shot at Stillwater Area Highschool's Battle of the Bands competition with my Canon T1i and my 70-210mm f/3.5-4.5 USM lens.

Thanks for viewing!

Check out comalleyphotography.com for more.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8272.Dog-demo.jpg[/img]

Any pointers on dog photography (besides get the hand out of the picture)? I volunteer at the humane society and one of the other volunteers and I who play around with photography a little have decided to take over the website picture responsibilities. Any pointers/suggestions (e.g., best time of day to shoot, flash positions, etc....) would be greatly appreciated.

My Flickr page
    Canon Eos 1DIII, Canon Eos 20D, Canon Eos T3i, Canon Eos M, Canon EF 400mm f5.6L, Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f2.8L IS II, Canon EF 180mm f3.5L macro, EF Canon 24-70mm f2.8L, Canon EFs 60mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.4, Canon EF 50mm f2.5 compact macro, Canon EF 40mm f2.8, Canon EF-M 22mm f2, Canon 430EX II