Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Galapagos Islands report

Re: Galapagos Islands report

That must have been an amazing experience. From the selection on your site, I'm impressed at the quality of the photo opportunities and what you made of those opportunities. Galapagos has been on my wish list for a long time. I had been waiting until I get a 500mm lens, but it sounds like I may not need one for Galapagos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer
    I had to step back to get a good bird photo... where else do you run into that problem?
    I suppose you might expect me to say this, but in the Antarctic the penguins are not too shy. I notice you've been there too.
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-12-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Jon,

Great pictures. I love #6. Looks a little like an Uncle of mine [:P].

Thanks for sharing,

Brant

Yes I was fortunate to go to Antarctica in 2007, and that was probably the event that began to kick my photography hobby into high gear. I

Now all you have to book a flight to New Guinea and get some pictures of those Birds of Paradise!

John.

Hi Jonathan,

Absolutely fabulous shots and website. I'm in awe! Very professional looking, and I'm sure that any magazine looking to do a story on the Galapagos Islands would be very happy to publish many of your photos. I'm certain that you made Darwin very proud!

That looks like a really wonderful trip and I would love to go to there some day! I bookmarked this thread into my favorite location and photo op locations. Very sharp photos with beautiful contrast and colors.

You mentioned that you used the gitzo traveler tripod with the 300mm f/2.8 and 1D body. I would love to get a small travel tripod (I'm currently using the Gitzo 3541) and I wasn't sure if the traveler would be sufficient for this combo, so it's good to hear that it was capable.

What ballhead did you bring for this combo?

You also mentioned that the landings were wet on the beach, so did you also bring a dry bag for your equipment?

Would you mind posting some info regarding how you went about to book a trip like this, or some contact info if you used a tour group? [ap] [ip]

Thanks, [B]

Rich

Thanks Rich, that

Hey Jon,

I looked some of the other pictures in your website, great stuff there! Anyway, do you actually sell any of them? I know some other people that are having a hard time selling there

On rare occasion I do sell a print, but it is really a blue moon type of event. People can buy photos from my SmugMug site but it almost never happens. I don

Jon,

I like the idea of the RRS B2-FAB Clamp for the black rapid strap. It

As a postscript, I've just added a short album to my website www.huyerperspectives.comto show a dozen shots from our trip extension to a rainforest lodge. For those interested in seeing a whole lot more photos with complete descriptions, I have web albums of the journey at picasaweb.google.com/jhuyer

Thanks for viewing!

Jon