Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A stitched Panning Panorama

Re: A stitched Panning Panorama

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots
    Its an action motorsports image where thats not a big interest here but I thought I'd share anyways since I won't do many other things with it.

Love the shot! I think the result is very cool and nicely done. I'm still wondering how you did it though[:|] Also I think it looks way better in Flickr already (where it's just a little bigger). Size does matter[] The rider looks kind of soft and dull in these small images. I can imagine that the full image is mindblowing!

Me and my brother are the photographers for a big local cross-event in the Easter weekend, so expect some lawn-mowerracing, some motocross and some car shots etc soon [] Mostly amateur stuff, but they crash even better []

I know for sure the track I'm going to isn't designed for these kind of jumps, since they race, so I don't think I will be making these kind of shots[A]

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots
    I'm kind of surprised that the 40D held
    the focus through the sequence of photos as good as it did.

I still swear by the 40D. It amazes me every time. I was about to rent one for the event, but then my girlfriend bought one [A] (well I did for her)

The actual point that I'm pleased with was the 40D did the job well even though the lighting was on the dim side and the greater distance between me and the subject. These factors seem to always challenge the more simple focus systems. Also the lead up point for focus tracking was cut short as the main jump before this sequence covered up the racers approach. I like to start tracking well in advance as it always gives me better results. During the bright, outdoor day light focus with this camera is a different story. Its hard not to lock on. This camera was almost stuck in the trash bin at one point. At the AMA outdoor motocross series at Freestone a few years ago I got track access to photograph and I shot all day in the wind with the dirt, dust and my sweat. Its was hot! The 40D got trashed. My shutter button got stuffed with dirt and grime which turned into a paste along with my sweat. Later in the year I lost the ability to accurately activate the shutter. Made the decision to tear the 40D down myself and try and fix the problem. It worked better then I could have ever imagined. The camera was long out of warranty by the way. I got the idea as another guy online tried it and said that it could be done.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ Canon 40D tear down by freelanceshots, on Flickr:600:0]

Love the second series. The background is a nice touch. Also, I commend you for your bravery in disassembling the 40D!!
    Gripped 7D | 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | 70-200 f/4L USM | 50mm f/1.8 mk1 | 80mm f/1.8 USM | 430EXII x2

Thanks, also took my once owned 17-55 IS lens front element off and clean the dust out of it twice. Saw that procedure online and decided to try it myself. It was a piece of cake.