Thread: Opinions Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Opinions Please

Hi Denise,

My opinion is that these are nice photos. I am a little distracted in several of them with the top of the tree cut off. I

Thanks, Brant! Well, I used the 24-105mm and was at 24mm for the wide shots ...why did I sell my 17-55mm!!! I could have used it on two occasions today! It is at the top of my list to buy another!

The last one I shot in Monochrome but the one I took right before that is in color (shown below) ...

Yep, need my old lens back!

Denise

Denise, I can save you $1000.

You don
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Well, I used the 24-105mm and was at 24mm for the wide shots ...why did I sell my 17-55mm!!! I could have used it on two occasions today! It is at the top of my list to buy another!

I wondered why you did that, to be honest. [:S] Since your widest lens is now 24mm, with the 1.6x crop that's ~38mm which technically is in the 'normal' range and leaves you without a wide angle lens at all...

But, since you have a great lens starting at 24mm, you might want to consider the EF-S 10-22mm. Alternatively, if you are sure you'll either add or swtich to a 5DII/III soon, don't want to be bothered buying then selling an EF-S lens, and didn't feel a need to go wider than your 17-55mm, you might consider the 17-40mm f/4L - it's not as good optically on a crop body as the 17-55mm, but it's substantially cheaper and will be an ultrawide angle on FF.

+1. The EFS 10-22 may make a lot of sense.....or, I can see this as being enough rationale topick up the 5DII.[]