Page 169 of 558 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 5572

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Re: Post your best bird shots!

Justin, I love the 4th, 5th and 6th one, but the 4th one is my favorite due to the wing position over the water.

Joel, Another winner and I like the effect, it's very surreal.

Brant, I see that these Headless Herons are mating and have migrated over to your region. I can't wait to see their headless offspring!

Rich

nice shots everybody!

shots of baby Canadian Geese, 7D, 300mm 2.8

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3286.IMG_5F00_0088.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8308.IMG_5F00_0108.jpg[/img]

thanks for viewing!

Love the gosling-eye view of the 2nd shot, and the narrow DOF. You captured the tenuous nature of what it must be like to be a newborn bird.

JJ ... really love the second gosling ... you nailed it on that one ... the only thing I wonder is whether or not the horizon should be leveled but maybe he was on slanted ground.. Very nice shot.

Joel

I just love looking at this thread! Every time I take a peek, there is always fantastic shots that top the last ones I looked at! I love the "painting" affect, Joel. I just ordered CS5 & Lightroom and am looking forward to learning how to do some creative things with it ...eventually!

To try and save my house, I have been pumping water out of my backyard all day but now I'm thinking maybe I should have left it and sandbagged the house ...then I'd have ducks, GBH's & geese to shoot as backyard birds anytime I felt like it!! Oh well, lots more rain to come so I can always decide to keep my backyard lake!

Denise

Baby bird nest up under my porch cover. They go into stealth mode when I pop my head out so no way to get them chirping or with eyes open at least. Five
    of them crammed into this little nest. Mom poops all over my porch every time she takes off where I wish she find a new place. Every year she comes back.

captured with the 5D and the IS Macro 100mm

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4846.Baby-birds-web-1.jpg[/img]

thekingb and Joel, I had to lay all my body on the ground, face down, to get that "eye level " shot -which was my first try-, to get the effect of the foreground and background, so your compliments are the prize for that, thanks![]

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade
    the only thing I wonder is whether or not the horizon should be leveled but maybe he was on slanted ground.

yes it was on slanted ground but it should be better if it's leveled a bit, thanks for the opinion.

This is another Tufted Titmouse with CS5 processing to try emulating Asian art......

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6433.343V89941.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2604.Hanging-Rock-056.jpg[/img]

Dormy Woodpecker at Hanging Rock, NC.

Canon EF-S 55-250 mm IS Telephoto Zoom Lens - F/5.6 - 250 mm, ISO 400 in Manual mode with Evaluative Metering.

Can I just say that I have yet to look at a picture on this forum and not be impressed with the quality everyone is posting on here. Great pictures from everyone it seems!

1/800 shutter speed by the way.