Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Osama Bin Laden killed

Osama Bin Laden killed

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/5582.05.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/5857.02.PNG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/5277.02.jpg[/img]

The last thing to pass through Osama Bin Laden's mind:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/8446.iStock_5F00_000015351800XSmall.jpg[/img]

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed

I was just reading about this.... amazing that they found him in such a big town.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

My concern is that this event will trigger retaliation. I hope we are sufficiently prepared and safeguarded against most threats.

I guy I spoke to today said he thinks the whole thing is a sham.

When I asked, "You mean, Al Kaida gave the US a fake Bin Laden, or do you mean the US is lying about having killled him?"

he said, "Both!"

I have no doubt he

I

GoodBye to that pile of crap. There is some satisfaction to know that he got a personal meeting with a member of the US black OPS community...

Definately a good result - as Sean said though, I hope this doesn
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

I know this is a minority point of view, but I just saw this quote which captures my feelings about this killing than my own words could.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Ruyle

I know this is a minority point of view, but I just saw this quote which captures my feelings about this killing than my own words could.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

I think this is the best post I have seen in this forum though it's not about photography. sadly enough we have to face the reality. I only hope our kids-if there will be a winner of this war- will learn something from that.