Page 38 of 398 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best current shots

Re: Post your best current shots

That shot is hilarious! Great job.

John.

love the squirrel shot too. kind of sums up what i did this fine Sunday.

Was it THAT hot out?!? []

Great picture.[Y]

Wonderful squirrel shot!

Quote Originally Posted by thekingb

Denise - the last bird is a brown creeper. I think it's like a little nuthatch.

Yep, you are right! I was looking at that same reference site to try and find it but just couldn't. Thanks for the help!

Denise

I spent a few hours this weekend on my current favorite photo location nearby. It offers various beautiful nature scenes and it's also the home of some sea birds. This time I was jumping around on some rocks by the shoreline trying to get a fair portrait of one of the swans. I tried various angles, both with only blue sea as background and also (as posted) with some "environmental details" in the background. I like this version with some rocks and navigation marks in the background best.

The second one is heavily cropped just to show the angry face he (or she?) gave me after I had been following him for a while. I took it as a sign to back off - I thought if I did he may be co-operative some other time too.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3463.IMG_5F00_0119_5F00_LR_5F00_550px.JPG[/img]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3733.IMG_5F00_0090_5F00_LR_5F00_550px.JPG[/img]

Both photos taken with Rebel T1i/500D and 70-200 f/4 L IS USM @200, f/5.6, 1/2000 sec, ISO 200. (The second one is cropped to about 15% of the original image.)

Thanks for viewing!

@Denise, Those sparrows are very hard to capture. They're so fast that I never even see any around here. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them. The first one looks pretty good for a sparrow capture. Try pre-focusing to a point where you think it will be flying. From what I remember, I think they fly in figure 8 circles. []

@Mark, I love the squirrel shot!

@CLS, I love the water, rocks, and sandy beach included in the first shot. Also, great exposure, lighting and contrast on both shots! Nice capture and composition on the 2nd shot too! I would like to see more eye detail on the 2nd shot, but that's very tough with the black color around the eyes.

Rich

Weekend trips out to the Lime Kiln trail and Mud Lake, both around Ottawa, ON.

First some turtles getting some sun.

A couple woodpeckers,

and finally a Garter Snake.

The Turtles and the Pileated Woodpecker are w/ 85mm f/1.8, while the Downy woodpeckers, and the snake are with the 24-105mm f/4L.

On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

A few from yesterday.

Tobacco filter the first one, then tungsten white balance.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/850x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0334.Wello-Pt_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/850x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3438.Wello-Pt.jpg[/img]

And finally Bindi the Whippet, in our azelia and camellia garden, that we have been working on the last couple of weekends.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/850x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8117.Bindi_5F00_1.jpg[/img]

Thanks for viewing.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Nice shots there Steve - is that at Cleveland Point/ Wellington Point outside of Brisbane?.... that particular tree looks very familiar.

Here's a shot from a wedding I photographed on the weekend. It was another really enjoyable shoot.

5D2, 24-70mm f/2.8L @ 70mm, f/5.6, ISO 250, 1/1600sec

Adam and Rhea - April '11 by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

G
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur