Thread: Whats in your bag Canon Lineups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Whats in your bag Canon Lineups

Yeah I was shooting a guy sitting at a table and I wanted to get some stuff on the wall behind him for texture. I shot him with my 24-105 @35 f-4. The background is still a little sharp I would have liked to have shot it at 2.0. I tried the 24 1.4 but I would have had to climb on the table and really get in his face and at that point I would have some facial distortion issues. I did take a shot at 50mm f4 with some decent bokeh happening. That will probably be the shot I go with just isn't as much background in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Yeah I was shooting a guy sitting at a table and I wanted to get some stuff on the wall behind him for texture. I shot him with my 24-105 @35 f-4. The background is still a little sharp I would have liked to have shot it at 2.0. I tried the 24 1.4 but I would have had to climb on the table and really get in his face and at that point I would have some facial distortion issues. I did take a shot at 50mm f4 with some decent bokeh happening. That will probably be the shot I go with just isn't as much background in it.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I know this may sound obvious but the gaussian blur in Photoshop can createquite a nice, naturaleffect. I hope I haven't spoken heresy, but it seems to me that OCCASIONALLY, one needs to get the shot, then *gently* adjust the results...no?

PS I bought a 5D ...it arrives tomorrow. I have gone FULL FRAME! Ahem, sorry, that was a little over the top...

Yours sincerely,

James Ducat

I know well of the gaussian blur. I use to make a living making parked cars look like they were in motion. Gaussian, Motion, Radial, Zoom, etc.

When it comes to my own photography though, I tend to be a bit of a purist and try to nail my lighting and DOF in the camera. I am trying to be disciplined. I have way too many photogs submit junk and just expect me to fix it in PS.